GAY So I kinda got promoted

Ghost: 'Hello Akamai, I'm having problems with a load balancer. For some reason it's not routing IP traffic within my server farm properly'

Akamai support: 'It's because you are angry and short. Good day sir.'

Ghost: 'Hello Akamai, I'm having problems with a load balancer. For some reason it's not routing IP traffic within my server farm properly'

Akamai support: 'It's because you are angry and short. Good day sir.'

My response: "Then it will be war between us, prepare your legions!"

Last edited:
Sort of.

No title or grade change just yet, but I'm moving on to better/more difficult things, which honestly is what I needed at this point.

I started getting emails this week to start doing adminny-type crap, and I'm glad for the opportunity to do more than just plug in keyboards and pretend I like people around the office.

Awesome, congrats! I know you mentioned a bit back that you were really unhappy in your position.

Awesome, congrats! I know you mentioned a bit back that you were really unhappy in your position.

Not necessarily unhappy, just totally bored and unfulfilled. The company is honestly doing itself a disservice by just keeping me as a desktop monkey, particularly when you factor in who some of the current admins in this office are.

Not necessarily unhappy, just totally bored and unfulfilled. The company is honestly doing itself a disservice by just keeping me as a desktop monkey, particularly when you factor in who some of the current admins in this office are.

Well, dannnng. I know when I'm bored and unfulfilled, I'm totally happy!