fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,116
Steam
mattressfish
So Ape and I ordered a Threadless wall graphic from Blik

It was kinda a pain in the ass to get up since you basically have to transfer it twice. All together, it probably took me about an hour. Its now hanging in our bedroom. Whatcha think?

picture.php

Valve... Mr. Handy....

We went to a house last night that had painted their ceilings gray and it was HOT! We only have crown molding on the bottom of the walls and I would like to put it on the top and then paint the ceiling.

How hard is this? We have like three different saws in the garage that are never used, but I'm sure one of the will work. rite?

Plus any tips on painting a ceiling? This will be my first.

(the ceilings have to be painted anyways due to the previous smokers in the house and it leaving stains around the vents. :( )

I painted the ceiling in the boys room in the townhouse (bottom 6 feet was one blue, a border, then the top of the walls and ceilings a darker blue) and loved it. It made the whole room feel bigger, even though it was a dark blue on the top of the wall and ceiling, it just made the walls seem higher cause there was no clear definition. I now plan to paint lots of ceilings, white is just so boring.

Just paint it the same way you paint the walls, but keep in mind you will splatter paint down, so make sure everything is covered with plastic.

For the crown molding, don't do it yourself. It's not easy to begin with and if you've never done it before forget about it. I wouldn't even attempt it myself.

Now when you say crown molding at the bottom of the walls, do you mean the actual angled crown molding or just the flat baseboard trim. Flat trim isn't too bad if you remember that no corner is perfectly plum or level and needs some finesse when cutting the wood.

Paint the ceiling with a roller and wear a hat :p

Valve... Mr. Handy....

We went to a house last night that had painted their ceilings gray and it was HOT! We only have crown molding on the bottom of the walls and I would like to put it on the top and then paint the ceiling.

How hard is this? We have like three different saws in the garage that are never used, but I'm sure one of the will work. rite?

Plus any tips on painting a ceiling? This will be my first.

(the ceilings have to be painted anyways due to the previous smokers in the house and it leaving stains around the vents. :( )

for ceilings just put down plastic everywhere and use a roller.

the crown molding at the top is difficult becuase you need a few people to hold it up and someone good with a trim nailer (the only way to go here is an air gun... i'd never attempt it with a hammer and some nails). cutting the corners is tough, as is cutting different peices you put togethor on a straight away and getting them to line up evenly but that can be dealt with. make sure someone is good with measuring.

trim on the top doesnt have to be perfect becuase it's tough to see and a little bit of paint seems to fill in all the gaps.

For the crown molding, don't do it yourself. It's not easy to begin with and if you've never done it before forget about it. I wouldn't even attempt it myself.

Now when you say crown molding at the bottom of the walls, do you mean the actual angled crown molding or just the flat baseboard trim. Flat trim isn't too bad if you remember that no corner is perfectly plum or level and needs some finesse when cutting the wood.

Paint the ceiling with a roller and wear a hat :p

Bah, crown molding isn't that hard. If my friend Scott can do it, anyone can. Besides it will give me a good reason to use the compound mitre saw I bought...

Crown molding isnt too bad. I did a bunch in my house and it came out pretty good.
I used the corner sconce things (not sure what theyre called but Ill post a pic if I ever get a real connection back again) they look good, plus with them in place you wont have to bevel the corners and fuss with getting them to fit in right. Just cut to length with straight ends and it fits up real nice.