So I just got fired

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,379
Steam
mattressfish
Okay, well sorta. I just put in my 2 weeks notice with my company after working there for 11 years. They told me to go ahead and leave now.

But they are paying me for the 2 weeks, so its cool I guess. It will give me some time to work on adding some stuff to the forums that I haven't had a chance to do lately.

And we're closing on a house in 3 weeks, so I can be packing. Yay. :hs:

Okay, well sorta. I just put in my 2 weeks notice with my company after working there for 11 years. They told me to go ahead and leave now.

But they are paying me for the 2 weeks, so its cool I guess. It will give me some time to work on adding some stuff to the forums that I haven't had a chance to do lately.

And we're closing on a house in 3 weeks, so I can be packing. Yay. :hs:

I can't believe that after 11 years they didn't let you finish your two weeks.

It's IT... maybe not in his case, but most companies will let an IT professional go because they work with sensitive company stuff.

Come on, you've worked for the V. :fly:

Since they are still paying you for the last two weeks I'd be happy about it. Two additional weeks vacation time, woohoo!

It's pretty standard these days with any position involving IT. They want to try to minimize the risk of him being able to do damage to, or be successful in the theft of, their data.