WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Im being recruited as a site supervisor at an unmentionable location. I still cant believe people trust me to wire their homes, protect their property, drive a car. It's pretty amazing pretending one is competent.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
:sigh:
I got an email. :-/

Heard from a little birdie that there is a Q.A. position opening up soon, though.
Dude really with the 4 interview process you should be compensated. Lots of companies are pulling that shit and running everyone through the wringer over weeks just to be like nah.

Friend of mine had a promotion in the bag and they were definitely going to fill it internally but they still interviewed a bunch of outside people. It's like why waste everyones time.

my new supervisor (old one retired) is nice and competent so I'm forcing myself to be patient, recognize that my displeasure is mostly rooted in my aversion to change, and remember that I have had 5-6 years of doing this niche stuff constantly to build up the knowledge base I have currently, so it's unfair to expect her to know all the things right away. and honestly I don't have any legit gripes, I'm just grumpy about any adjustments.

it's a difficult role to fill and/or expect anyone to come in with a solid grasp on to start with because at a larger org, it would be split across several people, but we're The Little Guys so it's just we two handling it all.

I think we're gonna be ok, I'm just going to be out of sorts for a while until the new routines and stuff become normalized.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Domon
I dont know anyway, I tried to call out an they wanted me to come in. So I roll up shaking with a 106 temp. Then I had to drive all the way home an fell asleep in my car for like 5hours.