WTF So I just dick'd my butt

After careful bodging and a lot of C programs consisting of "printf("%u\n", sizeof(flippidyfoo));", I've successfully written a python client using ctypes that sends commands to and receives responses from a server written in C++ by shoving plain ol' C structs into ZMQ buffers.

It probably shouldn't work (I should definitely be using protobufs and/or JSON), but I guess if you swing hard enough, the square peg will wallow out the round hole.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
when I was a wee lass, a friend and I once made up a long elaborate story about someone growing up to discover they had a secret talent of being a SphincterShaper™ who could craft perfect sculptures hands-free
Of course you did

Of course you did

we also came up with an elaborate secret shadow hierarchy that existed at school where there was not only a dean, but there was also a dean of deans, and then a dean of dean of deans, and so on.

one year in middle school, she dressed up as the principal. not just at school, but also to go trick or treating.

we wrote gross and/or dirty versions of all the Broadway songs we listened to.

she's one of my favorite people, she's the only person from back home who's been out to visit me here in WI and it's great bc we always pick up right where we left off.

she brought Daphne a bunch of presents and one of them was a toy turd :lol: and a harbor seal puppet that SHOULD have been fine and innocent except Daphne named it Wiener

Last edited:
My work boots need repaired but I need them for work. So do I buy another pair and then put off getting them repaired until the new ones get busted or?

My work boots need repaired but I need them for work. So do I buy another pair and then put off getting them repaired until the new ones get busted or?
Couple options:
Shoe glue is like $8, it works for like a week.
Lots of homeless shelters/food pantries will give you free new sneakers no questions asked.
Get a gf to buy you stuff.

Next time buy better boots and get two pair. I mean like you have to drop a grand on serious work boots. Not Redwings, like Wescos ($500 for off the shelf), or Whites ($450ish) I dont like the heels on Whites though.

Couple options:
Shoe glue is like $8, it works for like a week.
Lots of homeless shelters/food pantries will give you free new sneakers no questions asked.
Get a gf to buy you stuff.

Next time buy better boots and get two pair. I mean like you have to drop a grand on serious work boots. Not Redwings, like Wescos ($500 for off the shelf), or Whites ($450ish) I dont like the heels on Whites though.
They're Zamberlan and the two of the fabric eyelet loop deals busted, probably from not cleaning them often enough and the dirt being abrasive. I could just buy another pair but I don't really want to. I wear hikers and have uniform standards to consider. It's surprisingly hard to find boots that tick all the boxes, and Danners are just never in stock anywhere.

Last edited:
They're Zamberlan and the two of the fabric eyelet loop deals busted, probably from not cleaning them often enough and the dirt being abrasive. I could just buy another pair but I don't really want to.
Oh you need a whole new upper? I mean if the eyelets are busted they can slap a grommet in it or you can for like $20. If you tore the leather they dont fix just parts of uppers, you need new boots anyway. Id personally just skip those eyelets and lace them tighter. They wont warranty them if you dont clean them on the reg.

Imo Zamberlan is like Redwing quality. It's not bad but you can get a lot more bang for your buck.

Oh you need a whole new upper? I mean if the eyelets are busted they can slap a grommet in it or you can for like $20. If you tore the leather they dont fix just parts of uppers, you need new boots anyway. Id personally just skip those eyelets and lace them tighter. They wont warranty them if you dont clean them on the reg.

Imo Zamberlan is like Redwing quality. It's not bad but you can get a lot more bang for your buck.

This is the boot: https://www.zamberlanusa.com/product/22243380/2095-brenva-lite-gtx-r-men-s-hiking-boots-black the fabric loops broke, there's a local repair shop. I don't need boot suggestions, I know what I like and I know Wescos aren't it. I'm just venting mostly.

Okay well can you get Danner to import boots in my size?
They wont. I've tried. Lacrosse footwear owns them.

I wear 13EEs it's a weird size and you generally need custom made shoes.

I can wear smaller shit but the sides bust out in a few months. An Israeli chick bought me sketchers. You know those chicks who always are selling skin cream. Very sweet, Adi, she was. Was like your shoes look like shit and I was like well Im living in my car. She also got me socks. Anyway. Wore those down to nothing. Usually can wear 12.5EEEEs in a sneaker (Brooks). I scored some 13.5D Sketchers because fml at the homeless shelter last year but they are wearing thin.

My ex took my boots. She cant wear them, The bitch. I'd had my jump boots longer than our relationship.

Last edited:
First day of my grown up senior therapist jerb today. Much excitement. Keep getting self referrals in for my private therapy work too. Double excitements. Im doing discounted rates for students and retirees and it seems to be working out that one of my days is full of geriatrics and the other is full of kids. Fun sides of the life spectrum. I prefer the oldies.

First day of my grown up senior therapist jerb today. Much excitement. Keep getting self referrals in for my private therapy work too. Double excitements. Im doing discounted rates for students and retirees and it seems to be working out that one of my days is full of geriatrics and the other is full of kids. Fun sides of the life spectrum. I prefer the oldies.
only rich people can get a therapist in the US so thats fun

You need a union.
I work three part time jobs. Union would tote's help not at all. Also all these companies wanting employees who want you on call. It's like... You bitch about people not being loyal, don't act like you're hiring day labor for white collar jobs.

Last edited:

that’s amazing dory, speaking of geriatrics, how is your dad

• Haha
Reactions: august
People you meet at work

1659552290326.png

She told me she was a realtor and we chatted quite a bit. She is also not a she. I was a bit apprehensive about saying anything as we're sorta acquaintances.

Im just so curious now. Like... Wtf? We talked about farming :lol:

Last edited:
only rich people can get a therapist in the US so thats fun
I don't think that's true but maybe I'm wrong. American therapists talk a lot about community mental health centres which I think do Medicaid etc?

I do work for 2 charities for free, 1 charity for donations if sex workers want therapy then my private therapy is like $60 or whatever the exchange rate is. Not gonna be rich off it but it helps some folks I guess.