WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Since 2009, there have been 273 mass shootings in the United States, resulting in 1526 people shot and killed and 980 people shot and wounded.

In February 2009, Continental Flight 3407 crashed into a house, killing all 49 people aboard and one person on the ground as the plane was arriving in Buffalo, New York. Since then, U.S. airlines have transported about 8 billion passengers without a single fatal crash.
If I had 2000$ and you had 300,000,0000$ would you say I had a lot of dollars.

@Petunia is right, it ain't just mass shootings. Just being in the US greatly increases your risk of being shot.

the training for the USA safety for canadians is fucking daunting like we don’t have crazy shit like this we don’t train for active shooters here

does it happen? sure RARELY it’s not an ongoing issue like it is in the USA

That was my point. Both are extremely rare.
What's rare? People being shot?
There's nothing rare about it. People are shot every single day. There's at least one mass shooting a week. It did slow down during the pandemic/ lock down.
But rare? Nope, People get shot every day.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
What's rare? People being shot?
There's nothing rare about it. People are shot every single day. There's at least one mass shooting a week. It did slow down during the pandemic/ lock down.
But rare? Nope, People get shot every day.
and?

People die in car accidents everyday.

and?

People die in car accidents everyday.
And? Car accidents are accidents, shootings are on purpose. But, the point is it's not a rare occurrence. I hear about shootings daily. I even hear about car accidents daily. Plane crashes, I hardly ever hear about those.

And? Car accidents are accidents, shootings are on purpose. But, the point is it's not a rare occurrence. I hear about shootings daily. I even hear about car accidents daily. Plane crashes, I hardly ever hear about those.
Yeah the weird thing is plane crashes do happen daily they just dont tend to be exciting.

Whenever I do emergency work the disconnect between the calls you answer and what is on the news is jarring.

Then you really do get a feel for how much the news is geared as a macabre entertainment and less a recitation of what is actually happening. Shootings make great headlines. Rile people up. They have a narrative. 40 drunk drivers killing one other person in one week is just boring.

Yeah the weird thing is plane crashes do happen daily they just dont tend to be exciting.

Whenever I do emergency work the disconnect between the calls you answer and what is on the news is jarring.

Then you really do get a feel for how much the news is geared as a macabre entertainment and less a recitation of what is actually happening. Shootings make great headlines. Rile people up. They have a narrative. 40 drunk drivers killing one other person in one week is just boring.

Yeah, they do pick and choose. Ratings I guess. I live near Philly and listen to traffic reports every morning on my way into the city. According to KWY, a person is shot every .0001 seconds it would seem. The weekend is worse. Oh and a car accident blocking the left lane on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Yeah, they do pick and choose. Ratings I guess. I live near Philly and listen to traffic reports every morning on my way into the city. According to KWY, a person is shot every .0001 seconds it would seem. The weekend is worse. Oh and a car accident blocking the left lane on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
You know when you have too much to say so it's best not to say anything. That is me.