WTF So I just dick'd my butt

YAAAAY BOO YOU DID IT

ok so what’s your actual position
when do you get your gun
will you get a police car or a bike or a horse, never mind that’s in canada
Officer is my actual position. I have lots of guns? We don't do vehicle patrols, it's all walking or bicycling.

Went to my physical.

Have you ever had surgery? Well someone tried to disembowel me two years ago. Any medical issues? I had an STI that nearly killed me last year because it went untreated 6 months.

Anyway, they said basically if you're not a corpse you'll pass.

So now that it's official I feel it's time to tell ya'll I got a police job :p
congrats. Please treat people equitably and fairly and dont fall into that bullshit where you are unnecessarily aggressive toward people just because authority

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Went to my physical.

Have you ever had surgery? Well someone tried to disembowel me two years ago. Any medical issues? I had an STI that nearly killed me last year because it went untreated 6 months.

If they let you keep the car after hours, is that your housing allowance?

• Haha
Reactions: ZRH and fly
Went to my physical.

Get well soon

• Haha
Reactions: ZRH
did you already do police academy or do you still have to do that
That's post hire. They said they're having a hard time scheduling it. I don't have to do everything because of my experience so it's like 2 weeks at a community college. Has to get done by sept.

If you just want thirst trap pics in short shorts you can always ask.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
That's post hire. They said they're having a hard time scheduling it. I don't have to do everything because of my experience so it's like 2 weeks at a community college. Has to get done by sept.

If you just want thirst trap pics in short shorts you can always ask.
I have to figure out how to work lifeguard training into my schedule for the first time since '98 to keep my swim coach sorta-jerb (pay minus whale be a rounding error compared to my regular income).

I'm going to ignore it until they force the issue, then become a volunteer.

I have to figure out how to work lifeguard training into my schedule for the first time since '98 to keep my swim coach sorta-jerb (pay minus whale be a rounding error compared to my regular income).

I'm going to ignore it until they force the issue, then become a volunteer.
So you throw children into pools?

I mean. You could always just do it in a river.

Anyway, if you get PT at a hotel or something they'll pay for red cross certs.

I thought you quit that jerb

I quit the jerb at the Jewish Community Center, the team moved to the YMCA and asked me to come back. So I am.

So you throw children into pools?

I mean. You could always just do it in a river.

Anyway, if you get PT at a hotel or something they'll pay for red cross certs.

I coach 15-18 year olds in a summer league swim team. I'm not sure why they're asking me to get lifeguard certified, but it was in the PD. They cancelled the only class they were hosting (over this Friday through Mother's Day on Sunday). I wasn't going to do that one, and I'm certainly not going out of pocket for a yearly certification that probably costs more than the hours I'll put in will make. So, I'll ignore it until they force the issue, and we'll see whether it's really worth it for them to go short(er) handed.

I quit the jerb at the Jewish Community Center, the team moved to the YMCA and asked me to come back. So I am.

I coach 15-18 year olds in a summer league swim team. I'm not sure why they're asking me to get lifeguard certified, but it was in the PD. They cancelled the only class they were hosting (over this Friday through Mother's Day on Sunday). I wasn't going to do that one, and I'm certainly not going out of pocket for a yearly certification that probably costs more than the hours I'll put in will make. So, I'll ignore it until they force the issue, and we'll see whether it's really worth it for them to go short(er) handed.
Renewal is $195 here for lifeguard/basic lifesaving. It's a 2 year cert. Probably insurance.

This is the trap you fall into with security stuff too. You have to pay out of pocket most of the time for background checks etc and fingerprints are like $300.

Renewal is $195 here for lifeguard/basic lifesaving. It's a 2 year cert. Probably insurance.

This is the trap you fall into with security stuff too. You have to pay out of pocket most of the time for background checks etc and fingerprints are like $300.
yeah, I'm going 5 hours per week at (I think) $13/hr for 6 weeks, plus 4 $30 "flat fee" meets.

It's not worth my time to dump $200 into lifeguard training, and here it's a yearly class through the city. Especially given the fact that I'd lose a whole weekend, and part of an actual work day that I'd have to wash out in vacation hours.

yeah, I'm going 5 hours per week at (I think) $13/hr for 6 weeks, plus 4 $30 "flat fee" meets.

It's not worth my time to dump $200 into lifeguard training, and here it's a yearly class through the city. Especially given the fact that I'd lose a whole weekend, and part of an actual work day that I'd have to wash out in vacation hours.
You gotta pay to play peasent. When I was a helper I got $16 and had to have a car. Electrician is $39 and you get a company car.