WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Totally add a patriotic middle-aged, slightly-racist Karen too. An overweight loudmouth who complains about fucking everything and is real fuckin' dumb.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Totally add a patriotic middle-aged, slightly-racist Karen too. An overweight loudmouth who complains about fucking everything and is real fuckin' dumb.
Slightly racist is whole ass racist who cant get the words out.

When I was homeless one of my friends was in the nasty girls and brought me an entire case of MREs from deployment.

Hot food is nice. Having to shit 30 minutes after you eat like clockwork isnt.
You gotta weird gut. No one I know would shit immediately after eating an MRE. They would have a massive, unbroken log at some point during the day but it normally took time for those things to work their magic

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
You gotta weird gut. No one I know would shit immediately after eating an MRE. They would have a massive, unbroken log at some point during the day but it normally took time for those things to work their magic
Guy I know once thought he was gonna be smart and bought several cases of MREs instead of regular groceries.
Thought he was being smart, saving money & time or whatever
After a few days tho he was worried he hadnt pooped
Then it was close to a week and he was really worried
Then he shat out this HUEG log
Turns out those meals are engineered to be as digestible as possible. So you dont have to poop in a foxhole or whatnot.
Also in them they give you a little tiny roll of TP. That youre not gonna really need :p

Season 11 Reaction GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Guy I know once thought he was gonna be smart and bought several cases of MREs instead of regular groceries.
Thought he was being smart, saving money & time or whatever
After a few days tho he was worried he hadnt pooped
Then it was close to a week and he was really worried
Then he shat out this HUEG log
Turns out those meals are engineered to be as digestible as possible. So you dont have to poop in a foxhole or whatnot.
Also in them they give you a little tiny roll of TP. That youre not gonna really need :p
Gave a case to my best friend for Christmas one year when I was active. (He dug that kind of thing) and one night shortly after Christmas he shared them with his brother and two other guys that lived in the house with them.
They went to work the next day, and only one of them had any real trouble with it, but all of them said that they got in the bathroom with their reading material, suddenly went cross eyed with strain, and then realized they were done and had to go back to work without reading their magazine, all of them some level of irritated by the fact that they didn't get their normal 5-10 minutes away from work.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Well you are right about the massive unbroken log thing. :lol:

yeah, they kinda by design make you constipated, cause theyre 8 million calories in the densest form factor possible.

You ever come across a stark reminder that not everyone has it as together as you do in the brain?

Gonna have to break out the crayons for the guys in the shop to not fuck this up again.
Every goddamn day.

I do also realize that its easy to get blinders when you're the expert in something and it just is common sense to you and you understand the reason and rationale for doing the thing the way it needs to be done.

I make a lot of lists for people

Do A, do B, do C.

Less why, and more what. I gave up trying to explain why a long time ago.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Every goddamn day.

I do also realize that its easy to get blinders when you're the expert in something and it just is common sense to you and you understand the reason and rationale for doing the thing the way it needs to be done.
Less of that, I think. More just WTF.

Making three gates for a job (not actually gates, but close enough to get the gist.)
Gotta make fabrication drawings for the frames. Gates are face mounted on the wall, all are the same height, mirrored left and right side of the frame but other than that frames are identical. The one difference is that each gets a different set of spacers to account for irregularities in the wall. #1 is flush. #2 has a spacer on each side for decorative stonework. #3 has a spacer on one side to account for an uneven wall. #2 and #3 are an inch different in thickness.
So, 3 left frames, 3 right frames, 2 symmetrical spacers, 1 stand alone frame. Frame drawings just have a left hand drawing but a big damned note that says "This is a left hand frame. Mirror all dimensions for a right hand frame." and that has worked since before I got here.. each spacer has their own drawing for fabrication. Shop also has the final record drawings so they can see which gets what spacer. They refer to these constantly and about once or twice a month if something isn't clear they come into the office for clarification.

All the spacers got installed on the left hand frames. Now I have to draw assembly instructions.

This is the fourth set of frames with spacers I've drawn here and none of them have been built incorrectly till now.

Juat... WTF?

• Haha
Less of that, I think. More just WTF.

Making three gates for a job (not actually gates, but close enough to get the gist.)
Gotta make fabrication drawings for the frames. Gates are face mounted on the wall, all are the same height, mirrored left and right side of the frame but other than that frames are identical. The one difference is that each gets a different set of spacers to account for irregularities in the wall. #1 is flush. #2 has a spacer on each side for decorative stonework. #3 has a spacer on one side to account for an uneven wall. #2 and #3 are an inch different in thickness.
So, 3 left frames, 3 right frames, 2 symmetrical spacers, 1 stand alone frame. Frame drawings just have a left hand drawing but a big damned note that says "This is a left hand frame. Mirror all dimensions for a right hand frame." and that has worked since before I got here.. each spacer has their own drawing for fabrication. Shop also has the final record drawings so they can see which gets what spacer. They refer to these constantly and about once or twice a month if something isn't clear they come into the office for clarification.

All the spacers got installed on the left hand frames. Now I have to draw assembly instructions.

This is the fourth set of frames with spacers I've drawn here and none of them have been built incorrectly till now.

Juat... WTF?
Remember the average IQ of the population... and then remember that 50% of people are dumber than that.

Think IKEA or lego instructions. If you need to build two sides to something... .even if theyre identical, they dont just say "build this twice". They reprint the instructions with new pages and new numbering.

• Gravy
Think IKEA or lego instructions. If you need to build two sides to something... .even if theyre identical, they dont just say "build this twice". They reprint the instructions with new pages and new numbering.
it's frustrating because now you have to take up a bunch more space for pictures for something that you already explained with words and should be obvious/self-explanatory, but for whatever reason it really helps some people.

I end up making how-to docs at work all the time for various workflows in the EMR, and I've had to include tons of pictures of each (or at least most) steps along the way in addition to the text that spells it out. I think for my thing at least it helps because people can then look back at what they did and visually compare to my picture. and to be fair, EMRs are busy as fuuuuuuck and like @Strings mentioned I'm the de facto expert, so I can see how having the picture with the big arrows or boxes around the important part for each section can help. and if I'm thorough enough, ostensibly, each document can mostly stand alone without requiring x specific prior knowledge. so like, if you want to know how to do y, you can just read the y doc, even if you haven't read the x doc, and you won't have to refer to a thousand other docs to get through it.

I've also gotten a little better about focusing on the what and not the why, but there are some parts I do still include reasoning/explanations for when I'm reasonably certain they'll skip a step that seems unnecessary but isn't (or that I know they have been skipping already).

ultimately, you have to craft the instructions or information for the audience, and that can be difficult. sometimes, you get what @Mr. Argumentor has going on, where for whatever reason the audience has suddenly changed how they're reading & decoding it even though the way you were doing worked fine before. for me, my biggest hurdle is the wide variety of knowledge, time, & attention my audience has. I have to make it simple enough that the computer illiterate folks can follow along, punchy enough that the busy doctors can get the key info at a glance, and deep enough that the detail-oriented doctors are satisfied and problems or questions have been predicted and trouble-shooting has already been built into it.

• Gravy
Reactions: ZRH
it's frustrating because now you have to take up a bunch more space for pictures for something that you already explained with words and should be obvious/self-explanatory, but for whatever reason it really helps some people.

I end up making how-to docs at work all the time for various workflows in the EMR, and I've had to include tons of pictures of each (or at least most) steps along the way in addition to the text that spells it out. I think for my thing at least it helps because people can then look back at what they did and visually compare to my picture. and to be fair, EMRs are busy as fuuuuuuck and like @Strings mentioned I'm the de facto expert, so I can see how having the picture with the big arrows or boxes around the important part for each section can help. and if I'm thorough enough, ostensibly, each document can mostly stand alone without requiring x specific prior knowledge. so like, if you want to know how to do y, you can just read the y doc, even if you haven't read the x doc, and you won't have to refer to a thousand other docs to get through it.

I've also gotten a little better about focusing on the what and not the why, but there are some parts I do still include reasoning/explanations for when I'm reasonably certain they'll skip a step that seems unnecessary but isn't (or that I know they have been skipping already).

ultimately, you have to craft the instructions or information for the audience, and that can be difficult. sometimes, you get what @Mr. Argumentor has going on, where for whatever reason the audience has suddenly changed how they're reading & decoding it even though the way you were doing worked fine before. for me, my biggest hurdle is the wide variety of knowledge, time, & attention my audience has. I have to make it simple enough that the computer illiterate folks can follow along, punchy enough that the busy doctors can get the key info at a glance, and deep enough that the detail-oriented doctors are satisfied and problems or questions have been predicted and trouble-shooting has already been built into it.
Unf.