WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Sirius bizness:
Anyone had to deal with fire rated rubbers? Trying to find door gasket materials and nothing is up to the standards needed.

Maybe @Mean Mr. Mustard might have?
I dont know what "fire rated" means exactly, we have some materials around here rated to the 350° F range, but theyre proprietary blends of HMDR and another of AFLAS

Sirius bizness:
Anyone had to deal with fire rated rubbers? Trying to find door gasket materials and nothing is up to the standards needed.

Maybe lay off the wanking if you're going fast enough to start a fire?

I'd probably do a double row - one fiberglass rope seal, and one rubber gasket for air-tightness.

without seeing the specifics of how theyre testing Ive no idea, as "doors and light enclosures" aint in my wheelhouse
I will say if you need something that can get "really" hot for a "long time" kal-rez may be something to look into, but that shits expensive.

Sirius bizness:

Yes. Standard equip around here.

Just gotta get silicone door seals

• Gravy
Reactions: Mean Mr. Mustard

Yup, there ya go, some UL 10c rated fire tape.

without seeing the specifics of how theyre testing Ive no idea, as "doors and light enclosures" aint in my wheelhouse
I will say if you need something that can get "really" hot for a "long time" kal-rez may be something to look into, but that shits expensive.
That stuff does look neat.
Might take a different track though, just stumbled across 3M's E-FIS products. Might allow us to only mildly upgrade the rubber we have and still meet specs.
Gonna order a sample for testing.

Fire Elmo GIF

Not quite what is needed. A door sweep is more applicable and that doesn't really do it. Thanks though

But the little things got in the way, like explaining the Led Zeppelin wasn’t a man, it was a group, etc.

by the way, which one's Pink?

It's the same reason why THE OLDS still love Pink Floyd's The Wall.

^^ I am impervious to this as I referenced a different album, I'm safe, I'm not old and out of touch, oh god when did this happen

I've been wading through my predecessor's last project before he left.
Gods above its horrible. Everything that can be fucked up is and I hate everything. I want to stomp on his nuts repeatedly.

He has at least a dozen parts referenced by three assemblies. Every time I open one it fucks the other two.
I'm going to have to build everything damn near from scratch to fix this and I hate him

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Gods above its horrible. Everything that can be fucked up is and I hate everything. I want to stomp on his nuts repeatedly.

He has at least a dozen parts referenced by three assemblies. Every time I open one it fucks the other two.
I'm going to have to build everything damn near from scratch to fix this and I hate him
yep, that's the thing I'm working on in a nutshell. So many times computer slowness of the era and memory pressure saved their asses without them knowing it at all...

then dont try to fix it. Just redesign it from scratch. You'll spend more time fucking around than it would take to just rebuild it