WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I did a really stupid thing and applied for a job in children's mental health where you're employed and they pay for you to do your PGCert 3 days a week, then work 2 days a week alongside it and you qualify after a year. I've been given an interview for Tuesday and I have no idea how they even shortlisted me, my application wasn't that thorough because I know how hard it is to get into their service and didn't think I'd have a chance. I hope I don't get an offer or I'll be really in the shit with decisions about jobs and my current studies.

I did a really stupid thing and applied for a job in children's mental health where you're employed and they pay for you to do your PGCert 3 days a week, then work 2 days a week alongside it and you qualify after a year. I've been given an interview for Tuesday and I have no idea how they even shortlisted me, my application wasn't that thorough because I know how hard it is to get into their service and didn't think I'd have a chance. I hope I don't get an offer or I'll be really in the shit with decisions about jobs and my current studies.
Follow your heart. I'm sure you will be best at what you care about most. Just remember to keep your stress level in mind. People with low-stress are rewarded mentally for higher stress positions, and people with high stress excel at low-stress positions in ways low stress people don't.

Follow your heart. I'm sure you will be best at what you care about most. Just remember to keep your stress level in mind. People with low-stress are rewarded mentally for higher stress positions, and people with high stress excel at low-stress positions in ways low stress people don't.
I've sort of learned that I find assholes stressful rather than any particular job or position. It's all about the kind of environment I'm in.

I've been looking into what the job would be with this post-grad and I'm not sure it fits in with my philosophy on mental health care so I doubt I'll take it up. It seems to be about manualised healthcare and 8 week programs without much relational or therapeutic work. I don't believe that giving people homework solves their mental health problems in general and it's not a system I want to be part of. The only bit of me disagreeing is knowing if I got that qual then I could probably approach tons of companies and name my price to work with their kids and once I'm in I could work with them in a way that I want, not in a way that comes from a training manual on how to 'cure' things in an 'evidenced based' way.

I did that interview for the childrens mental health thing yesterday and wasn't sure how it went. Just got my call back and the manager was super impressed but said there's no point me doing the PGDip training because I'm already conversant with everything they do with young people anyway and know how to do their assessment process etc (he garnered this from a 5 minute role play, IDK!) so he can't offer me a post. Instead he's approached the service manager and as soon as there's a vacancy for one of the qualified full practitioner posts he wants to call and offer it to me.

:bast:

Honestly not what I was looking for, and I know the service is slammed usually and stressful to work in, but having that on my CV and the experience of working with the young people directly will open up tons of doors in the future, maybe even be able to transfer the experience into being able to advertise as a child psychotherapist when I finish the MSc due to prior learning/work rather than doing top up qualifications and courses in that area.

/blog

I've sort of learned that I find assholes stressful rather than any particular job or position. It's all about the kind of environment I'm in.

I've been looking into what the job would be with this post-grad and I'm not sure it fits in with my philosophy on mental health care so I doubt I'll take it up. It seems to be about manualised healthcare and 8 week programs without much relational or therapeutic work. I don't believe that giving people homework solves their mental health problems in general and it's not a system I want to be part of. The only bit of me disagreeing is knowing if I got that qual then I could probably approach tons of companies and name my price to work with their kids and once I'm in I could work with them in a way that I want, not in a way that comes from a training manual on how to 'cure' things in an 'evidenced based' way.
Congrats on the offer - but maybe you should pass if you're not down with how they do things. You'll be frustrated with them and vis-a-versa which could lead to a blotch on your resume.
I'm like you - I can take a high stress job, it's the assholes that cause the kind of stress where I want just push their shit in. Like my last boss. Oh right, I got the system to do the pushing for me :nev: Working with a lazy fuck is stressful too.

Congrats on the offer - but maybe you should pass if you're not down with how they do things. You'll be frustrated with them and vis-a-versa which could lead to a blotch on your resume.
I'm like you - I can take a high stress job, it's the assholes that cause the kind of stress where I want just push their shit in. Like my last boss. Oh right, I got the system to do the pushing for me :nev: Working with a lazy fuck is stressful too.

I mean I liked the manager who interviewed and he obviously took a shine to me to want to offer me another job in the service. I think it was probably more the trainee position that was a bit manualised and boring, the job description was like 'do a prescribed treatment program for 6-8weeks' rather than any real hands on therapeutic work which is what I'd ideally do because I mean, without that it's just a fuckin production line without any soul. If they call me back sometime and I could do less than full time hours I'd probably jump at it to have the experience regardless of how stressful it is. I'd be working with kids again, I'd probably learn a shit ton, and it's the kind of service (government agency) where once you're in it's like a golden job title to get where you want. Also I'd be working in a wider team which would be refreshing, and with no management responsibilities? Yes please! Management is just such a drag.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
so when i split with CEO i was unsure of what would happen with my job since he’s a narcissist who needs to control every aspect of my life and since my business is completely down cuz of this never ending pandemic i started looking around for a part time job to get us thru this crisis

so i came across a job and i was like “meh they won’t hire me” and proceeded to apply and is now on phase 3 of my interview process

note: my contract with CEOs company is solid and he can’t toss me to the side (yet) so i’m still employed with my cushy pay + work from home life.

i dunno what to do. i need to cut myself off 10000% from him at some point but this new job is something so out of my norm (but i’m super qualified) and it’s on site not at home

i think i’m gonna continue with the interview process and see how far it goes.
also it’s with the Police so i’ll have access to hot cops and hot criminals

so when i split with CEO i was unsure of what would happen with my job since he’s a narcissist who needs to control every aspect of my life and since my business is completely down cuz of this never ending pandemic i started looking around for a part time job to get us thru this crisis

so i came across a job and i was like “meh they won’t hire me” and proceeded to apply and is now on phase 3 of my interview process

note: my contract with CEOs company is solid and he can’t toss me to the side (yet) so i’m still employed with my cushy pay + work from home life.

i dunno what to do. i need to cut myself off 10000% from him at some point but this new job is something so out of my norm (but i’m super qualified) and it’s on site not at home

i think i’m gonna continue with the interview process and see how far it goes.
also it’s with the Police so i’ll have access to hot cops and hot criminals
Always go through with it.

I applied for an AWS job yesterday. I can't see me taking it, but it's always good to see what's going on.

Always go through with it.

I applied for an AWS job yesterday. I can't see me taking it, but it's always good to see what's going on.
I will.

but man do I loveeee working from home in my PJs and having zero contact with the human race.
this pandemic hasn't been all that awful for me. I went from being a free social butterfly to hating everyone and developing the worst social anxiety

but I will see how the interview goes

I will.

but man do I loveeee working from home in my PJs and having zero contact with the human race.
this pandemic hasn't been all that awful for me. I went from being a free social butterfly to hating everyone and developing the worst social anxiety

but I will see how the interview goes
Maybe they'll give you a job monitoring people with tethers. You could certainly do that from home.:rolleyes:
But seriously hope you find something that works for you. I agree with fly -do the process, you'll be better prepared for when the dream job comes along. *I'm committed to working from home indefinitely but that doesn't mean I don't look every day.
Set up a Go Fund - I'll toss in a buck. The one with Ben Franklin.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia