WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I'm letting my employee out at noontime. He did a couple of jobs this morning. I think it will be quiet rest of the afternoon. We're going to work on Friday though. Hopefully quiet and we can clean up the office, and do some other low priority projects that we've put off.
Slave driver! (In the spirit of "Burnt" ;) )

Stranger Things, the reporter in the second and third seasons (Bowman?)

That's my direct supervisor. From the beard and bald head, to the off color commentary, to all of it (except befriending Russians)

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
You don't think that could be some self-selection based on the methods of implantation into the tagged fish?
Apparently catching/tagging/releasing fish doesn't have much of an effect on their survival, according to the biologist types around here.

The tags are tiny (~400mg above water, and quite a bit less below water) and don't weigh the fish down or anything.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Jehannum
  • Gravy
Apparently catching/tagging/releasing fish doesn't have much of an effect on their survival, according to the biologist types around here.

The tags are tiny (~400mg above water, and quite a bit less below water) and don't weigh the fish down or anything.
I suppose it depends on whether the bass can hear the tags, too.

The science is really cool.

• Gravy

Its illegal to catch and release in a lot of Europe, apparently. Causes unnecessary pain or something dumb.

• Gravy
$600/ea ouch!
$600 CAD, which is $fuckall in freedom dollars. Also that's the MSRP - I doubt anyone pays that much.

Shit's expensive. We're cramming batteries, magnetoresistive sensors, bare die microprocessors (because packaged ones are too big), custom piezoelectric transducers, a circuit board (with miniscule features and laser drilled holes) and a bunch of other shit into a tiny package, assembling the thing by hand (paying canadian wages vs chinese wages), and paying off years of R&D work on top of that... for a product that you don't really sell a lot of.

Thank you guys like gee for using and expanding your talents, resulting in advancements in tech that will help fish, and ultimately humans also. It’s only fair you are compensated accordingly.

Respek, motherfuckers.

[pedant]
mgf
[/pedant]

Last edited:
  • Gravy