WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Did a demarc extension for a national ISP at a customs & border protection facility last week. It was supposed to be just a site survey, but I'm like guys, I drove 3 hours, this demarc extension is easy, no drilling, just 1 hour of labor and less than 100ft of cat5e cable needed. So I got approval to run the cable right there. Unfortunately the router wasn't shipped to the site yet, so I couldn't do the circuit test & turn-up as well. So another trip will be necessary.

The ISP project manager asked if I can do DOJ work as they got a long term contract with the gov't and are short of techs. I'm like sure, I used to hold a security clearance, and don't see why I can't get one again. Not sure how many DOJ sites there are in Maine. But yay more work hopefully.

I applied for a job. A real one with 40 hour work weeks. It is work from home though. On one hand I’m not sure if I want to get it cause I like the flexibility of no job, but on the other since 2002 I’ve never lived in a 2 income household and dang it it’s be nice to pay off all debt easily, stash massive amounts in savings and have excess spending cash.

I applied for a job. A real one with 40 hour work weeks. It is work from home though. On one hand I’m not sure if I want to get it cause I like the flexibility of no job, but on the other since 2002 I’ve never lived in a 2 income household and dang it it’s be nice to pay off all debt easily, stash massive amounts in savings and have excess spending cash.

uhhh, so about all that stuff after the other hand, i wouldnt bet on any of that :p

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Not bad building up the social security. And building up work credits in case you ever need to tap into Social Security Disability for some reason. Lot of ladies get screwed by that after taking a "few years" off to stay home, raise the kiddies. They may have worked before but you need a certain number of work credits to be in the more recent years to get SSD.

uhhh, so about all that stuff after the other hand, i wouldnt bet on any of that :p
Don’t be silly. I didn’t apply cause we need the money and we are disciplined folks. It’d be easy to budget my paycheck away into those categories.

I didn’t even tell my husband I applied. I figure if I get and interview I’ll let him know. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Not bad building up the social security. And building up work credits in case you ever need to tap into Social Security Disability for some reason. Lot of ladies get screwed by that after taking a "few years" off to stay home, raise the kiddies. They may have worked before but you need a certain number of work credits to be in the more recent years to get SSD.
My mom ran into this problem so she got put on the payroll of my dads business and gets a paycheck every couple of weeks. She has been his secretary for 40 years so it’s legit but at first they didn’t worry about paying her separately.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie