WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Invoice sent to contracting company for work completed on the Maryland job. Next contracting job is tonight. Going to be dispatched to a cell site near by to remove and install some (probably) stupidly expensive network snooping switch that's the size of a small fridge and weighs about the same. Need to connect DC power cables, SFPs, fiber jumpers, label shit. Late night, starting 10pm. Paying for both myself and my employee. 4 hour minimum, 1.5x rates. I'm told we won't be affecting traffic at this site, I have my doubts. It's a big cell site for one of the carriers in this state. So big, they have their own loading dock at the building, if Google Maps address location is accurate.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I hate professors sometimes. "I'm going to provide a reference sheet so you dont have to remember everything." Then on the sheet they use terms that they used only once in class.

Invoice sent to contracting company for work completed on the Maryland job. Next contracting job is tonight. Going to be dispatched to a cell site near by to remove and install some (probably) stupidly expensive network snooping switch that's the size of a small fridge and weighs about the same. Need to connect DC power cables, SFPs, fiber jumpers, label shit. Late night, starting 10pm. Paying for both myself and my employee. 4 hour minimum, 1.5x rates. I'm told we won't be affecting traffic at this site, I have my doubts. It's a big cell site for one of the carriers in this state. So big, they have their own loading dock at the building, if Google Maps address location is accurate.
Like NSA snooping? :wtf:

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Well that was an interesting contract job, and stupidly long. Got onsite at 10pm, didn't leave until 8am, 2 hours past the maintenance window closed. 4 hours on-site is what I was told when I accepted the ticket. Ended up racking two more pieces of equipment not in the initial ticket. Moved 60 fiber optic jumpers and SFPs to new network aggregation switch, and racked two Netscout servers. I have no doubt that was $100k in equipment. Lots of tedious labeling and documenting, important to do just time consuming. Went over the allotted maintenance window by 10 or 15 minutes (powering up equipment that is). Got everything up and running after missing just a couple of jumpers and reversing a couple more. Came home, had breakfast, shower, slept for 2 hours, now back at my office to relieve my employee who worked this ticket as well. I feel bad because he was away from his family and missed his coaching time at 5am this morning at his Crossfit gym that he teaches at.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
Paypal locked one of my accounts because I need to provide proof of business identity. I have two businesses currently, webhosting business (PP account that's about to be locked) and my IT/MSP business (separate PP account). Each business has a separate bank account. Webhosting company is just a dba under my S-Corp, so it doesn't have its own EIN. I've had the PP account with my webhosting business for like 9 years. No issues until recently when they requested two different proofs of identity. I provided them with a bank statement, but they want second form. I have no utility bill, no phone bill, tax return is just filed under the S-Corp. Grrr....

I think the reason they requested this is one of my long time webhosting clients is located overseas (the only one overseas) and paid for 3 yrs of webhosting up front. Was less than $1000 but that must have triggered some type of fraud alert in PP land.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Can anyone personally recommend a place online to assist with trademarks? I've never done one before.
Can't personally recommend one, but is good to understand the federal fees that are in addition to their package prices. The packages aren't all bad - most come with various form letters you might need during the time you hold the trademark. You can attempt to do it yourself from the links on page below.

Can anyone personally recommend a place online to assist with trademarks? I've never done one before.
Legal Zoom - it's not the cheapest but they won't fuck it up. Hopefully. yes, you really need to pay for a search. At least the minimal one. I worked for patent attorney like 25 years ago and would drive to a federal repository library to do those. Everything on microfiche except the most recent years were on carefully guarded CDs. And shit from the 1800s in old dusty books - your favorite. :fly:

Can't personally recommend one, but is good to understand the federal fees that are in addition to their package prices. The packages aren't all bad - most come with various form letters you might need during the time you hold the trademark. You can attempt to do it yourself from the links on page below.
I'm aware of all that. Thanks tho.

Legal Zoom - it's not the cheapest but they won't fuck it up. Hopefully. yes, you really need to pay for a search. At least the minimal one. I worked for patent attorney like 25 years ago and would drive to a federal repository library to do those. Everything on microfiche except the most recent years were on carefully guarded CDs. And shit from the 1800s in old dusty books - your favorite. :fly:
Got a recommendation of Trademarkia. Seems good enough for what I need.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie