WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Making fabrication drawings for the shop. Get told to call out which parts are laser cut on the top level drawing.

"But why? Its on the individual parts drawings."

"Sometimes the shop will just look at something and start making it without looking at the rest of the drawings."

".... what?"

"Yeah, sometimes they do that so it needs to be called out whenever there is a part that they aren't making, but just fitting."

"Thats a problem. Why are we allowing that?"

"Its how they work. Everyone wants different things, so someone is going to end up disappointed."

"..... ok"

Gods above and below, I need one of my resumes to tickle someone's fancy.

My answer to situations like that is "just tell them to read the drawing and stfu"

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Right? How the fuck are you going to be making something without looking at the god damned drawing?
"Well, it looked right to me."
Tha fuck???
the simpsons paddle GIF

There are so many jobs available!

"
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:

– Prior 18-series in 7th or 20th SFG"

The fuck :lol: For retail security?

So Im wondering with the current carry ruling if LEOSA still applies? I've CCW for MD and VA. Does it matter?

Last edited:
I thought it would be prudent to sit down and go over how much revenue I actually get from my private clients given my expenses and I worked out I need around 10 clients per week to make it profitable enough. Which lead me to consider stopping my free work (3 clients per week) for the domestic abuse charity I've volunteered therapy for since 2019. But.....I just can't do it. I find the work too rewarding and working with women like that is just my lane these days. I think I'm going to stay and forego potential profits. I dunno why, maybe to feel more virtuous and just because I find the work easy and super satisfying compared to some of my private work (so far), but regardless, I think I'll be a long timer there. It's work that's desperately needed.

Just gotta accept I'll never be rich :( Maybe it's a foolish decision?

• Gravy
Reactions: tre
I thought it would be prudent to sit down and go over how much revenue I actually get from my private clients given my expenses and I worked out I need around 10 clients per week to make it profitable enough. Which lead me to consider stopping my free work (3 clients per week) for the domestic abuse charity I've volunteered therapy for since 2019. But.....I just can't do it. I find the work too rewarding and working with women like that is just my lane these days. I think I'm going to stay and forego potential profits. I dunno why, maybe to feel more virtuous and just because I find the work easy and super satisfying compared to some of my private work (so far), but regardless, I think I'll be a long timer there. It's work that's desperately needed.

Just gotta accept I'll never be rich :( Maybe it's a foolish decision?
Do you want to be rich? Comfortable is acceptable for me.

Also it's really hard to get rich actually working. The accumulation of capital is basically like... how you get rich. It's a pretty simple formula. Like if you want to get rich take out a loan and buy a laundromat and some coke machines. Low entry for an all cash business.

I just really hate money. RN I have no idea how much I have. I have a footlocker full of cash for emergencies and I get all my meals at work or the food pantry.

I don't wanna be rich, just comfortable I guess. Enough to go on some vacations and not worry about money which is where I've been at for years. So long as that's generally the case I'm good. I'm not much of a consumer so I don't buy shit.
Yeah so if you enjoy it, you dont work a day.

Americans dont go on vacations so I dont understand that shit. Im at work at my third job right now. Im afraid of not being at work.

are you just bad with money and saying no
I dont know how much money I have, I used to have a PA (girlfriend) to keep track of those details. I personally get most my food at the food pantry, sneak into gyms, and only have two insurance bills and rent. Trash I just throw in random dumpsters.

Then there are work expenses. I drop a tonnnnnn of money on car upkeep because my landlady throws a fit if you even add windshield fluid here. I also have to buy training for the security jobs and I dont have access to laundry here so I have use a wash service which is actually only $1 a pound which is a deal, they do a good job. I need new shoes, speaking of. Tools I guess are a fixed expense.

I dont know how much money I have, I used to have a PA (girlfriend) to keep track of those details. I personally get most my food at the food pantry, sneak into gyms, and only have two insurance bills and rent. Trash I just throw in random dumpsters.

Then there are work expenses. I drop a tonnnnnn of money on car upkeep because my landlady throws a fit if you even add windshield fluid here. I also have to buy training for the security jobs and I dont have access to laundry here so I have use a wash service which is actually only $1 a pound which is a deal, they do a good job. I need new shoes, speaking of. Tools I guess are a fixed expense.
Deposit everything in bank account and use credit card for purchases. Then use mint to keep track.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Deposit everything in bank account and use credit card for purchases. Then use mint to keep track.
Actually I used to do that. There is massive amount of card skimming here. I've had to get new cards like 4 times this year already. Ill be lazy and pay for gas at the pump and suddenly someone is atming $40 at a time in VA. Idk if it's RFID readers or what.

Actually I used to do that. There is massive amount of card skimming here. I've had to get new cards like 4 times this year already. Ill be lazy and pay for gas at the pump and suddenly someone is atming $40 at a time in VA. Idk if it's RFID readers or what.
Who cares. You don't have to pay for it.

I don't have any of these problems that Zrh has and I'm probably within 15 minutes of where he is at most times... Oh, and I drive the same car model and possibly year

I have a lot of friends that live where he lives too and none have the problems he has. Whenever I go to where he is, which is frequent enough considering the friends and work associates, I don't have the problems he has either.

Use a credit card not a debit