WTF So I just dick'd my butt

My IT people keep sending us false flag phishing emails to see who they can force into doing their dumbass training.

They're so obvious I can't imagine anyone gets fooled anymore, but we do have quite a few boomers on staff, so anything's possible.
we get this and people DO get fooled (and also get fooled by the real thing)

but

it also annoys the fuck out of me because they want me to use the "click to report" function to report it, but you can only get there from the webmail and I use the actual Outlook program, so if I get one, I open the message in my regular program, identify it as attempted phishing, then I have to go to the webmail, open it AGAIN, and click on the series of buttons to get to the report as phishing button. they also considered opening the tlemail, even if you didn't click on links or attachments or anything, as failing the test, but you can't report it the way they want us to report it without opening the email.

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
we get this and people DO get fooled (and also get fooled by the real thing)

but

it also annoys the fuck out of me because they want me to use the "click to report" function to report it, but you can only get there from the webmail and I use the actual Outlook program, so if I get one, I open the message in my regular program, identify it as attempted phishing, then I have to go to the webmail, open it AGAIN, and click on the series of buttons to get to the report as phishing button. they also considered opening the tlemail, even if you didn't click on links or attachments or anything, as failing the test, but you can't report it the way they want us to report it without opening the email.
All we're expected to do is forward it to the spam account.

Im really not good at interviews.

"How do you handle disputes with coworkers? Give an example"

"Well I had this problem with someone once so I apologized but they kept being bitchy so I assigned myself to a different shift"

I mean, do you want the honest answer or what you want to hear.

"Well I had this problem with someone once so I apologized but they kept being bitchy so I assigned myself to a different shift"

No. No one wants an honest answer. They just want to confirm that you can do the dance. Duh

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
No. No one wants an honest answer. They just want to confirm that you can do the dance. Duh
Actually I've tried the "I dont care about this job/your business Im competent and here to earn money"

It works most of the time. Kinda have to read the room.

I've never had that as an interview question. I'd probably say something inappropriate and not get the job, like "tell the dipshit she or he's wrong and go on implementing my provably correct technical solution."

Did once get asked how I'd weigh an airplane, and I told him I'd use the scale from his mom's bathroom. Kept that job for 5 years.

I've never had that as an interview question. I'd probably say something inappropriate and not get the job, like "tell the dipshit she or he's wrong and go on implementing my provably correct technical solution."

Did once get asked how I'd weigh an airplane, and I told him I'd use the scale from his mom's bathroom. Kept that job for 5 years.
:lol: The longest I've ever been with one employer is... 2 years? I start getting antsy around six months. I only stayed with them so long because everytime I got bored they would promote me.

Be careful where you park; your shit'll get ganked, because none of the lots here are zoned for multiple occupancy.
You know I don't actually live in my car anymore 😆 I would if I had a full sized pickup but compact cars are a headache.

Or a van. But with used car prices what they are.

The owner was like I didn't say hi today!

I said "so I worked with a guy for three years. Never learned his name. Best friend I ever had"

Then he left me alone. Still planning an exit statement.

Just fired my first client in 8 years.

Feels Great Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon