WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Did you say black people? *cough* Bowie
Bowie is segregationist era personified. It's the "whitest" place in pg and it's got all the historical earmarks of exclusivity. It's own police force, restricted neighborhoods, etc

Bowie is segregationist era personified. It's the "whitest" place in pg and it's got all the historical earmarks of exclusivity. It's own police force, restricted neighborhoods, etc
I think I read once it's a planned community. The streets all start with the letter of the neighborhood. A B C D and they dont connect through the neighborhoods which is why it always feels like you're driving in circles. I've spent wayyyyy too much time in Bowie purgatory and upper Marlborough and even greenbelt. It rubs me the wrong way.

There's nothing like it in NY. At least where Im from.

Last edited:
I think I read once it's a planned community. The streets all start with the letter of the neighborhood. A B C D and they dont connect through the neighborhoods which is why it always feels like you're driving in circles. I've spent wayyyyy too much time in Bowie purgatory and upper Marlborough and even greenbelt. It rubs me the wrong way.

There's nothing like it in NY. At least where Im from.
All the Sears roebuck kit houses from the 50s too. Honestly a testament to their quality that so many are still around

All the Sears roebuck kit houses from the 50s too. Honestly a testament to their quality that so many are still around
They're having a comeback in Boulder, CO. There were a ton of them, and pretty much all the yuppies did a scrape and build when they moved into them in the last 20 years or so. Now they're hip and kitschy, so people are keeping and upgrading them again.

I hit the jackpot in having friends from growing up that I'd (poorly) maintained friendships with who understood that my absence from their lives was a combo of forced isolation & just how my brain be & not a reflection of how much I do or don't care for them,
Speaking from the opposite side of the coin (in the middle of a pandemic, too), that is huge.

Luckily my bad brain also largely doesn't care for social shit so it could be worse. I get enough human interaction at work most days, sometimes too much.

• Gravy
Reactions: august
Speaking from the opposite side of the coin (in the middle of a pandemic, too), that is huge.

Luckily my bad brain also largely doesn't care for social shit so it could be worse. I get enough human interaction at work most days, sometimes too much.
I picture you in 3rd grade protesting how unfair it was that the kids at the front of the lunch line had more time to eat than the kids at the back of the lunch line.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly and NukesII