WTF So I just dick'd my butt

West Virginia. But none of em will date you cause you ain't kin.
I went to Charleston for the 2017 eclipse. My ex was chasing butterflies and I was looking at confederate statutes when the eclipse started. I loaned my glasses to a few state representatives :lol: you walk a block down and are immediately in the hood.

We got lucky last year. Southpoint Belmont NC for under $400,000. Made a fortune on our Charlotte 4 bedroom, as 4 bedrooms have become something of a scarcity.
So our down-payment was close to 50%. Lakefront community.
Snobs.
The whole shebang.

Yeah eastern shore. >.> Or where my cousin lives in hagerstown. I just dont like MD.
there were parts about where you are that I loved and miss, but I also never really had to stress about money when I was there, which is one of the biggest suck factors, & when I left my ex, I knew there was no way I could stick around (even if I had really wanted to).

Maybe inland is cheap there? Cause my stepmom's house on the Wye River is NOT even remotely cheap.
oh yeah, there's definitely expensive as fuck places on the eastern shore, but as you noted it tends to get cheaper the farther you get from both water and civilization.

there were parts about where you are that I loved and miss, but I also never really had to stress about money when I was there, which is one of the biggest suck factors, & when I left my ex, I knew there was no way I could stick around (even if I had really wanted to).
Yeah :(

1642690941354.png

when I left my ex, he'd kept me pretty isolated so I had very few friends in the area to lean on (and most of the friends I did have were young college pals that still weren't really on their own). I was homeless AND carless, but I hit the jackpot in having friends from growing up that I'd (poorly) maintained friendships with who understood that my absence from their lives was a combo of forced isolation & just how my brain be & not a reflection of how much I do or don't care for them, so I was able to rent a U-Haul and drive up to NYC to sleep on some of their couches for a month until I figured out a more reasonable living situation, and then I ended up in NJ for six months working two jobs and saving every penny to move out here to Wisconsin.

and then idk if it's the ADHD or the decades of various emotional traumas (probably a combination of both) but anywhere I am simultaneously never feels like home and always feels like home. now that I'm here, I feel like I identify with living here, but I felt that in MD and I even felt that in NJ even though it was a short time & it was always going to be temporary.

when I left my ex, he'd kept me pretty isolated so I had very few friends in the area to lean on (and most of the friends I did have were young college pals that still weren't really on their own). I was homeless AND carless, but I hit the jackpot in having friends from growing up that I'd (poorly) maintained friendships with who understood that my absence from their lives was a combo of forced isolation & just how my brain be & not a reflection of how much I do or don't care for them, so I was able to rent a U-Haul and drive up to NYC to sleep on some of their couches for a month until I figured out a more reasonable living situation, and then I ended up in NJ for six months working two jobs and saving every penny to move out here to Wisconsin.

and then idk if it's the ADHD or the decades of various emotional traumas (probably a combination of both) but anywhere I am simultaneously never feels like home and always feels like home. now that I'm here, I feel like I identify with living here, but I felt that in MD and I even felt that in NJ even though it was a short time & it was always going to be temporary.
I'm true blue NY but I grew up in WI. It's nice.

My ex had inherited real estate here and family so it seemed like the wise decision. I still remember telling her "If I do this it's forever" :lol: The only plus Ill say is that people here love how I work. In NY you are expected to kill yourself over shit jobs, here just showing up on time is enough to impress people. Where Im from you work for lockheed or the college, here there are so many choices...