WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Joe Rogan >>>>>> your car pieces.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Ugh, arguing right now about getting some #1995 software to compile on a modern linux box, and I'm trying to convince someone not to reimplement POSIX STREAMS on linux using file descriptors and just converting the code over to sockets instead.

Some company called "Hired" must be really hard up for filling up their database, because they've invited me like 4 times this week to join their site and get a "backend engineer" job.

I replied that I get all the ass I want at home.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
I have a jerb interview on Friday for a post that's 3 days a week for the same money I get now for 5. It's managing our city being a beacon for literature, or something. I'm not really sure but they seem keen on my skills so we'll see how it goes. If I get it then that will provide the breathing space I need for the two research projects I need to complete for my MSc. If I don't get it then later this year I'm quitting the charity and getting a bar job in our local arts cinema.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
I have a jerb interview on Friday for a post that's 3 days a week for the same money I get now for 5. It's managing our city being a beacon for literature, or something. I'm not really sure but they seem keen on my skills so we'll see how it goes. If I get it then that will provide the breathing space I need for the two research projects I need to complete for my MSc. If I don't get it then later this year I'm quitting the charity and getting a bar job in our local arts cinema.
Break a leg. :heart:

You're gonna kill it with that hair!

The building next to the office that I rent is up for sale. Has 2 commercial units on the main floor / street access. 2nd floor apartment and 3rd floor apartment. All units currently occupied, month-to-month though. Seller disclosure is pretty clean. Old building, but in good shape. Newer siding, replacement windows awhile back. 2nd unit doesn't have separate electric meter though and 3rd unit uses propane to heat, while the 3 others use oil from the furnace (separate zones). With mortgage rates at near all time lo, kind of tempting to buy it. I could stop renting office space, get my own office space for my business, and get income from renting out the other spaces.

As a side note, since I last bought my house a few years ago, the Maine real estate disclosure form now has to list if the site ever was used as a meth lab :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon and fly
The building next to the office that I rent is up for sale. Has 2 commercial units on the main floor / street access. 2nd floor apartment and 3rd floor apartment. All units currently occupied, month-to-month though. Seller disclosure is pretty clean. Old building, but in good shape. Newer siding, replacement windows awhile back. 2nd unit doesn't have separate electric meter though and 3rd unit uses propane to heat, while the 3 others use oil from the furnace (separate zones). With mortgage rates at near all time lo, kind of tempting to buy it. I could stop renting office space, get my own office space for my business, and get income from renting out the other spaces.

As a side note, since I last bought my house a few years ago, the Maine real estate disclosure form now has to list if the site ever was used as a meth lab :lol:
Do it!!!

if you've got the capital to do it, business real estate, especially with rental income attached is always a good thing. You're a busy guy though, make sure you have a good plan for residential property management. Might be worth a portion of the rent to have a company manage the 3 units.

if you've got the capital to do it, business real estate, especially with rental income attached is always a good thing. You're a busy guy though, make sure you have a good plan for residential property management. Might be worth a portion of the rent to have a company manage the 3 units.
One of the commercial units is rented by a property management company as ironic as it is. But yeah I'm pretty busy. Not sure if I want to start up yet another company for property ownership. I already have 2 S-Corps.

From what I've read, you want to do it by yourself at first, just to get a feel for it. Sometimes you even get lucky and its nearly zero work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
One of the commercial units is rented by a property management company as ironic as it is. But yeah I'm pretty busy. Not sure if I want to start up yet another company for property ownership. I already have 2 S-Corps.
SOunds like a cool idea. I was thinking, if the apartments don't net that much maybe you could use one of those for your office, avoid some of the residential hassle and get your top rent from the other commercial. Only rent the apartment you think will be the least hassle. Ah - depending on your state 2 apartments being rented might push you into the territory where you have to have a broker's license to rent. One might leave you safe from that shit. *Here the cut-off is 4.
Have played landlord a few times. Good luck man.