WTF So I just dick'd my butt

i got written up by my “boss” for giving attitude

giphy.gif

The "Release Train Engineer" that fucked my project into the dirt just got promoted to managing her own business unit.

I'm thinking it's a Peter principle thing.
Sometimes it's a people skills thing. Maybe you just don't readily tuck in the bib to toss some management ass. Maybe her next fail will get her sifted out of the management chain or at least moved to where she isn't dangerous. "prayers" that you don't have to work under her. no - not that :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
The "Release Train Engineer" that fucked my project into the dirt just got promoted to managing her own business unit.

I'm thinking it's a Peter principle thing.
I quoted the peter principle during my last performance review.

Mostly as a way of saying "keep me in a cubicle/lab doing research stuff, I'm far better at this stuff than doing project management"

Sometimes it's a people skills thing. Maybe you just don't readily tuck in the bib to toss some management ass. Maybe her next fail will get her sifted out of the management chain or at least moved to where she isn't dangerous. "prayers" that you don't have to work under her. no - not that :)
No, I'm in a totally different org. The only thing is that my org is basically a body shop for the rest of the lab - we bring the expertise in systems to the people with the big ideas.

I'm good enough that I basically write my own tickets though, and I'm mostly dug into stuff far away from her areas of interest.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

Mostly as a way of saying "keep me in a cubicle/lab doing research stuff, I'm far better at this stuff than doing project management"
I can totally see that. You dig right in on stuff - those that can, do. Those who can't "manage". *No offense intended to anyone in management. :)