WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I did a year at a state university back home on a music scholarship. It wasn't for me, or I wasn't for it, or something.

Took some classes at the community college down here figuring I should continue my education but after a year of that I said fuck it and joined a rock-n-roll band. Maintained shitty jobs that would be easy to walk away from when we got discovered and became stars.

Hey it could happen.
Hey I was a shitty High school student. When I when to apply for college they said I couldn't attend because I took retard classes instead of college prep classes. My mom who worked at my high school as a lunch lady went to the administration to have them forge my transcript to say I took college prep classes.

I ended up doing nothing but drinking and playing Halo in college for three semesters. Then, I dropped out and went to tech for an electrical trade for one semester. Dropped out of that to work a shitty clerical job and get married. Went back for a 2-year transfer degree, making all A's in every class. Except math, well I did but actually it was my wife who took that class for me lol.

Now I work a great government job, doing almost nothing, that requires no degree. My biggest qualification was the phrase, "Yeah, I'm great with computers".

Hey I was a shitty High school student. When I when to apply for college they said I couldn't attend because I took retard classes instead of college prep classes. My mom who worked at my high school as a lunch lady went to the administration to have them forge my transcript to say I took college prep classes.

I ended up doing nothing but drinking and playing Halo in college for three semesters. Then, I dropped out and went to tech for an electrical trade for one semester. Dropped out of that to work a shitty clerical job and get married. Went back for a 2-year transfer degree, making all A's in every class. Except math, well I did but actually it was my wife who took that class for me lol.

Now I work a great government job, doing almost nothing, that requires no degree. My biggest qualification was the phrase, "Yeah, I'm great with computers".
fuck, halo 1 on 4 linked xboxs with cables running down the hall was amazing.

16 player blood gulch, yelling down the hall when you won.

Good memories.

Also... failed a bunch of classes, but had fun playing halo.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I was the gifted kid that never needed to study.
My school was a developmental research school, we set the baseline for the FCAT exams before all the other schools got them. We also got a lot of FSU PhD students that would help in class. Got interviewed by one of them for his thesis, went something like: "Why should I try? Why should I expend effort? You, as a teacher, can't spend time on me, you can't engage me. You have to focus your time on the problem students and not the ones like me that want to learn."

My AP English teacher changed mid year, was an old crotchety old man that had been there a thousand years. Had an A with him. New teacher was fresh out of school and was obsessed with Toni Morrison books, we read Beloved and it just sucked. She kept trying to get us to decipher deeper meanings in the story and... there were none. All the meaning was right there, right on the surface. It sucked. She sucked. I stopped participating and with her I got an F, averaged out to a C grade. She was adamant that I wasn't going to be able to succeed if I didn't try harder.
AP exams came around and I got the second highest grade in the class. Unfortunately because I had a C the college credit didn't count.

Took Algebra II early cause I took two math classes Freshman year, had a bunch of high school seniors in the class that had to pass or they wouldn't graduate. Teacher recognized that the homework was holding me back, sent home a letter to my folks and said that with their permission I would only be graded on attendance and tests.
Final exam rolls around, she gave us graphing calculators to use on the exam and didn't require us to show all of our work. I walked through it with the graphing calculator and the basic steps. Turned it in after 20-30 minutes of an 80 minute class. Rest of the class, especially the seniors, just looked at me like "WTF"

Graduated with no real effort. Study habits I "developed" did not help me at any point later in life

1614188928614.png

1614188996215.png

I was the gifted kid that never needed to study.
My school was a developmental research school, we set the baseline for the FCAT exams before all the other schools got them. We also got a lot of FSU PhD students that would help in class. Got interviewed by one of them for his thesis, went something like: "Why should I try? Why should I expend effort? You, as a teacher, can't spend time on me, you can't engage me. You have to focus your time on the problem students and not the ones like me that want to learn."

My AP English teacher changed mid year, was an old crotchety old man that had been there a thousand years. Had an A with him. New teacher was fresh out of school and was obsessed with Toni Morrison books, we read Beloved and it just sucked. She kept trying to get us to decipher deeper meanings in the story and... there were none. All the meaning was right there, right on the surface. It sucked. She sucked. I stopped participating and with her I got an F, averaged out to a C grade. She was adamant that I wasn't going to be able to succeed if I didn't try harder.
AP exams came around and I got the second highest grade in the class. Unfortunately because I had a C the college credit didn't count.

Took Algebra II early cause I took two math classes Freshman year, had a bunch of high school seniors in the class that had to pass or they wouldn't graduate. Teacher recognized that the homework was holding me back, sent home a letter to my folks and said that with their permission I would only be graded on attendance and tests.
Final exam rolls around, she gave us graphing calculators to use on the exam and didn't require us to show all of our work. I walked through it with the graphing calculator and the basic steps. Turned it in after 20-30 minutes of an 80 minute class. Rest of the class, especially the seniors, just looked at me like "WTF"

Graduated with no real effort. Study habits I "developed" did not help me at any point later in life

View attachment 13745

View attachment 13746
I often wonder how my life would have turned out if I had actually been challenged in the gifted program in elementary and middle school instead of "exploring" the material from unlikely perspectives. I don't see how trying to figure out how the teapot felt in "I'm a Little Teapot" helps me today, for instance.

Distance counselling sucks. Have to call from a private number so clients don't have my personal phone but it means if they miss me they can't call back easily. Was meant to start with someone earlier today and they didn't pick up twice in a row. Just got a tearful email as they really wanted to talk but missed me. Like a punch to the gut but onto the next and hopefully their phone works next week so they can attend!

😭

Distance counselling sucks. Have to call from a private number so clients don't have my personal phone but it means if they miss me they can't call back easily. Was meant to start with someone earlier today and they didn't pick up twice in a row. Just got a tearful email as they really wanted to talk but missed me. Like a punch to the gut but onto the next and hopefully their phone works next week so they can attend!

😭
Can you use Google Voice, so that your true number is hidden?

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon

😭
why do you not have a business phone?

I was a mostly B student with some A's in things I was actually interested in or that came easy.
Music and some history for interest. Was put in advanced math 'cause it came easy. That just meant I had all the math credits needed to graduate by sophomore year and didn't have to take any more. Could use that slot for something cool instead.
Somehow ended up with a C in a college government class from this commie professor who liked to verbally spar with me on occasion. He was a nice fella, fun to engage with, he just didn't know what he was talking about half the time. I squared him away though and he did much better after that.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: OOD and wetwillie
fuck, halo 1 on 4 linked xboxs with cables running down the hall was amazing.

16 player blood gulch, yelling down the hall when you won.

Good memories.

Also... failed a bunch of classes, but had fun playing halo.
I do t even in now which Halo it was. I was mooching off a roommate's xbox. Didn't know shit about it. I was a always a playstation fanboy.