WTF So I just dick'd my butt

thats a huge upgrade. More pay and easier? Awesome
It will be easier physically, but more stressful mentally. Probably not much more stressful though. Its a 4 dollar raise, so the small amount of stress should be worth it. I like organizing stuff anyway. My biggest issue will come with being a new guy with the authority to tell the lead men they have to do what I say. I'll be on equal footing with a lot of OGs so I'm sure I'll have to have a thick skin.

It will be easier physically, but more stressful mentally. Probably not much more stressful though. Its a 4 dollar raise, so the small amount of stress should be worth it. I like organizing stuff anyway. My biggest issue will come with being a new guy with the authority to tell the lead men they have to do what I say. I'll be on equal footing with a lot of OGs so I'm sure I'll have to have a thick skin.

Young guy coming in with authority to tell the old guys what to do always works out well.

They're like training dogs, OOD. Command respect. Be the alpha. Make sure you reward good behavior as much as you discipline bad and all will go well eventually.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and OOD
Young guy coming in with authority to tell the old guys what to do always works out well.

They're like training dogs, OOD. Command respect. Be the alpha. Make sure you reward good behavior as much as you discipline bad and all will go well eventually.
I plan on telling a lot of people to kiss my ass.

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer
Threats don't work without occasional follow through.
Make them actually kiss it once or twice THEN the threat of it works.
Yep. My situation is interesting. I'll have a room that stays locked, but the lead guys will have a key as well, they just have to call me when they need something. They can't just walk in and take what they need because I have to keep a record of it. If they give me any trouble about taking stuff without asking I'll just set up a camera that takes a picture of whoever walks in and email it to my supervisor.

These people are all fucked up though. The other day a guy walked in raising hell about one of the lead men getting his number from another employee. He said he didn't authorize him to have his number and they started yelling at each other.

This should be fun because I'm at the point in my life where I don't have any fucks left to give.

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer
Yep. My situation is interesting. I'll have a room that stays locked, but the lead guys will have a key as well, they just have to call me when they need something. They can't just walk in and take what they need because I have to keep a record of it. If they give me any trouble about taking stuff without asking I'll just set up a camera that takes a picture of whoever walks in and email it to my supervisor.

These people are all fucked up though. The other day a guy walked in raising hell about one of the lead men getting his number from another employee. He said he didn't authorize him to have his number and they started yelling at each other.

This should be fun because I'm at the point in my life where I don't have any fucks left to give.

He who has the most keys makes the rules.