WTF So I just dick'd my butt

So our IT consultant who we pay freelance to come in to work is refusing to give us options for online cloud storage so we can move away from one single, old server that is sat in our building waiting to break, lose everything and breach many data protection laws. I have no idea why hes a dinosaur.

What options do you guys propose for the best online storage for companies? I've used The Box for the past few years and liked it. Don't want to use google docs at all so not an option for me. What else is out there that's user friendly, cheap and easy to control permissions over?

Really that costly? I've seen plans from The Box that my old company used to use and it was like £10/month

Will look at OneDrive, is that Microsoft?
Of course, no real idea what you're paying for the server and upkeep now, but if you want business reliability - you have to pay for it. I suggest OneDrive just cause its stupid easy for users and relatively easy for lackluster IT to 'manage'.

edit: And yeah, its MS - so basically already built into the OS.

Of course, no real idea what you're paying for the server and upkeep now, but if you want business reliability - you have to pay for it. I suggest OneDrive just cause its stupid easy for users and relatively easy for lackluster IT to 'manage'.
We have no IT. It's a charity with like 8 people in it. The IT person is just some guy who comes in when we ask him to fix the server when it shuts down for no reason. All we need is online storage like a dropbox for word documents, nothing interesting or huge in file size.

We have no IT. It's a charity with like 8 people in it. The IT person is just some guy who comes in when we ask him to fix the server when it shuts down for no reason. All we need is online storage like a dropbox for word documents, nothing interesting or huge in file size.
Are there security and/or data retention requirements? If not, just make your Dropbox account and be done with it.