WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I have my mug and coaster on my work desk. I need to think about how to decorate the place tbh, it's a pretty dull looking office so I might bring in some art to liven it up. Would feel weird taking it down if I left though.
I've put up about 10 pieces of artwork, mostly my oldest daughter's(29, full time artist) or stuff I bought. I've wondered at times - is this prick going to deduct wall repair from my last check?
Nothin wrong with some gin at work, at the right time.

• Love
Reactions: Immigrant
Company christmas party last night
Walked out with 300$ cash, a nice certificate of appreciation for my 5 fuckin years of efforts here, and a door prize of a dash cam.
Plus it was a buffet style dinner of fancy food and an open bar
Not bad at all.
shit, you've been exploding mice for them for 5 years now? Time flies by

All i got for my 15 years was a "fuck you, we're not implementing the industry equivalency payscale, wait 10 years and we'll check again, but until then we're gonna keep paying you 60% less"

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
All i got for my 15 years was a "fuck you, we're not implementing the industry equivalency payscale, wait 10 years and we'll check again, but until then we're gonna keep paying you 60% less"
That sucks.

As much as I could complain about payscales/benefits/bonuses, when I consider what the cost of living is where I'm at, and the cost of living where the comparative industry payscales are, I got nothing to bitch about.

That sucks.

As much as I could complain about payscales/benefits/bonuses, when I consider what the cost of living is where I'm at, and the cost of living where the comparative industry payscales are, I got nothing to bitch about.

you're working for the FFRDC proper now right? not a sub.

They have some flexibility in pay that trueblue govvie agencies dont. Thats a good thing

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
only thing that keeps me from goin that way is i really really dont like academia type settings. I have no interest in publishing, etc

I've only had a client screw me out of money once.
Pretty much same. Installed some wireless network connections between some buildings at a client's business (metal Fab shop). When I got there like most of the employees were gone and owner was separated from his wife. I should have just left right there but I did the work and he ran out on the bill, his wife (who he beat up and got charged with DVA), three mortgages (his house, business, and ex wife's parents house), and my $2000 bill. Thankfully I remained friends with his neighbor and former business partner. I was fixing that guys computer a couple years later telling the neighbor about how the guy screwed me over. He offered to go grab the wireless network equipment off the buildings before the bank foreclosure auction happened. He cut all of it down and gave it back to me. So at least I wasn't out of money on the equipment, even if it was now a couple years old at this point.

Another client tried to screw me out of $2000 for data cabling work and network equipment. I got the sheriff to serve smalls claims court paperwork. That got the client's attention and they paid the bill 2 months later. I never will do work for them.

I prefer self employment. Sometimes I work harder and make less, but there's miles less shit to swim through.
I dunno man. There's different kind of shit to Wade through being self employed. Client politics. Chasing money from slow payer clients. Asshole competition. Employees coming and going (spend a lot of money/time training them up). Insurances. Fucking taxes. Legal agreements and shit.

There are days where I really just want to throw in the towel and go get a corporate job.

Lately business has been on fire. So many Win 7 PC replacements, Server 2008 R2 replacements, and Office 365 migration projects. 2019 is my best year in business. Up 20% from last year, which was my previous best year. A lot of it is still break-fix labor which is disappointing, would rather have that nice juicy monthly recurring revenue from managed services clients.

I dunno man. There's different kind of shit to Wade through being self employed. Client politics. Chasing money from slow payer clients. Asshole competition. Employees coming and going (spend a lot of money/time training them up). Insurances. Fucking taxes. Legal agreements and shit.

There are days where I really just want to throw in the towel and go get a corporate job.
I did after 16 year of being self-employed doing watch repair and building websites(amongst other things). I'm still doing some of that in addition to the regular job. Geezers last run for border. :) I had at least 1 customer a year who tried to rip me off. And stalkers - holy fuck! But my number of clients was probably 20X what you'r doing. E.g 25-30 repairs a week, all for different people. Plus sales.

So many Win 7 PC replacements, Server 2008 R2 replacements, and Office 365 migration projects.
Dog damnit, that's been my life the last few weeks! Seriously, had a 2008 HP running Server 08, and a handful of Win 8 pcs I had to replace and setup. I ranted a few posts back about how I wanted to deck my boss I was so tired of him whining every time his new pc isn't like his Win 8 machine. Cleaning his old machine software found >6k registry errors, a few hundred disk errors, etc.:fly:

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and Immigrant