WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Interviewed 3 people so far for the open helpdesk position. Today's interview was the only one promising. Had reasonable expectations on salary. Provided a few examples of projects that he worked on and how he completed them. Lives local and doesn't like his current 1 hr commute to his company he's at.

Interviewed 3 people so far for the open helpdesk position. Today's interview was the only one promising. Had reasonable expectations on salary. Provided a few examples of projects that he worked on and how he completed them. Lives local and doesn't like his current 1 hr commute to his company he's at.
YAY!

So I hired someone; so far she's working out well! :)

Why do employers ask for expected salary? Why not just say what it pays? I can't see the advantage to waiting to see what they want to be paid first. I'd like a million bucks a year but I'd take less.

I have a job interview lined up for Monday. Looks like I found that suit at Goodwill just in the time.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Why do employers ask for expected salary? Why not just say what it pays? I can't see the advantage to waiting to see what they want to be paid first. I'd like a million bucks a year but I'd take less.
#capitalism

On one hand, I can see the idea behind having a range for different skill levels, but mostly it's so the employee can get screwed

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
having been out of the job market for 15 years, man it sucks looking these days. Jobs dont even list salary RANGES anymore. Theyre just like apply, and if we deem you worthy, we might tell you what we're gonna pay.

Waste of my fuckin time to put all that effort in and then find you're gonna pay less than i make now.

Sure but it would clean up the pool to be upfront about salary. If it's too little people won't waste time applying. It's not just a time waste for applicants.
I did list hourly wage, in a range. Not on the first day of the post though after I got no applications. But you are right, waste for them and for me.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I did list hourly wage, in a range. Not on the first day of the post though after I got no applications. But you are right, waste for them and for me.
I like seeing a range. It's probably better than giving an exact salary for the employer and it gives applicants a general idea.