WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I'm noticing that you're not disagreeing with my point.
Not disagreeing. Much of the fiat is pooled in very bleachy Protestant circles.
Kinda follows the settlement of this entire continent (excluding Mexico). King George gave huge land grants to his unpopular outcast Puritans. It's not too hard to follow the money from Plymouth Rock to silicone valley.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Just had someone show up 1 hour early for an interview.

That doesn't show initiative or whatever bullshit you believe, that's making yourself a big pain in the ass.

So hire the schmuck who showed up an hour late. You people are unbelievable.
I can't change my daily schedule (I've got meetings, tests running, that kind of shit) to interview someone 1 hour early, and the other two people doing the interview can't exactly do the same either.

We also can't have some random asshole wandering loose around the company for 1 hour, someone has to keep tabs on them. The HR lady poked them in a meeting room where they sat by themselves for most of an hour until the interview happened.

Like, show up 15 minutes early in your car so you don't get fucked by traffic, wait outside, walk into reception 5 minutes early.

I can't change my daily schedule (I've got meetings, tests running, that kind of shit) to interview someone 1 hour early, and the other two people doing the interview can't exactly do the same either.

We also can't have some random asshole wandering loose around the company for 1 hour, someone has to keep tabs on them. The HR lady poked them in a meeting room where they sat by themselves for most of an hour until the interview happened.

Like, show up 15 minutes early in your car so you don't get fucked by traffic, wait outside, walk into reception 5 minutes early.

When I was tits deep in my alcoholism, I’d send out resumes and get an interview scheduled, show up early, wait in my truck drinking beers, then call and cancel the interview.

Horrible dickhead I was.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
When I was tits deep in my alcoholism, I’d send out resumes and get an interview scheduled, show up early, wait in my truck drinking beers, then call and cancel the interview.

Horrible dickhead I was.

was this a "show i applied x places a week" to keep getting benefits thing?

Horrible dickhead I was.
Congrats for getting out of that.

How'd the hospital trip go? Everything all OK? Too lazy to check the other threads.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and Immigrant