WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I've seemed to have attracted difficult clients over the years. It is tiring. Time to thin the herd I think.
Sometimes I think this is Owner error. I get the "you used to do. . . " occasionally. I've figured out how to turn that into "we still do that, here's how. . . and it works in your favor."

& the explanation usually comes with justifying price increases that offset speed and volume increases with credit and collateral flexibility. :fly:

When I first started, to develop relationships I did all kinds of 'after hours' work with no extra markup. I didn't know I didn't need to do that at the time, and now know I don't need to do it anymore.

fast, best & cheap.

Pick two and we're in business!

Long time client got angry today that I would ask for 1.5x labor rate to do a 1 hour job (need to apply oem server firmware updates) before my usual opening hours 8am because client feels they can't be offline for an hour during a single work day (planned ahead of time mind you). They threatened to send all IT work out to bid. I told client that I'd welcome the opportunity to place a bid.

Fuck that shit. :lol:

Before I was self employed, I worked for a real piece of work. (same industry). Customers would occasionally call in for a payoff (mostly they were just curious what the balance was) but since 99% of the time we brokered the biz someone else actually had the info and we'd have to chase it down or give the customer the ph# of the lender drawing on their account every month. One day my boss waltzed through the office and proclaimed "if anyone calls for a payoff, tell them it's by mail only, and to include a check for $25.00 for the service fee. I'm tired of these 'I'm just curious' assholes." I thought - daYUM, that's cold. Anyway, about 20% actually sent in $. The rest we never heard back from. :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh and HipHugHer
I've know it for years. I put up with it for a long time because I was a sole proprietor thinking I needed to put up with cheapskates. But mood in my office is pretty poor lately due to these difficult clients and I have to change that. MSP space is a difficult nut to crack.
Like I told someone yesterday, I feel like I'm the Grinch's dog and I work for the Grinch. Always another ridiculous request. But wait, he's gonna think on it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
CURSE MY OUTLOOK RULES!

I've got it set up so that HR emails go to my HR folder, cause fuck HR and their sweaters (hi @APRIL.) I leave my computer on so IT can do their shit and it doesn't affect my computer while I'm at work

So, rules get processed.

Today we got an email saying early release is approved and it is a half day for me. Didn't see it on my work phone cause of the outlook rules. I drove an hour to be here at work for about two hours.

Today in "how to make a mess of your corp"

Dear Bank,​
XXXXXXX (goes by middle name Carlos) has owned this full service BIZ since 2005. He's adding a new UNIT.​
He says THIS OTHER GUY (starts showing up on corp info as secretary in 2013) is NOT an owner. Just his spouse. XXXXXXX is getting me info to verify he's 100% stockholder.​

Even if it comes back on paper that the first guy is 100% owner, a bank can say, 'If THIS OTHER GUY is so important Mr. XXXXXXX thinks he should be on the corp, we think he's important too. Get us his info so we can see his credit.'

The moral of the story, again, is: if you're going to go the full "this is how much I love you" route, get their fucking name tattooed on your ass instead. It's easier to deal with.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
At what point are kids just taught by an iPad or something instead of an underpaid teacher that doesn't want to deal with Snowflake McPrivilegefaces horseshit?

Then who would the parents complain to when the shit child doesn't get an A+++++++?

As long as they don't automate the volunteer hall monitor, then it would be the volunteer hall monitor.