WTF So I just dick'd my butt

You should be writing 54 cents a mile off on your jobs to and from contracts. Remember, it's all business mileage. Repeat after me, it's all business mileage LOL.
Already done. Automatic.com gadget plugs into my car diagnostic port and records all mileage. I have two vehicles as well, one for business, and one for personal which also helps keep mileage tracking. But mileage expenses only goes so far, especially now that I have an employee, I'm doing less traveling to client sites. Only 13k last year, 14k 2017, 15k 2016, 23k 2015 (back when I was doing a lot of ISP internet connection install contractor work).

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
You should be writing 54 cents a mile off on your jobs to and from contracts. Remember, it's all business mileage. Repeat after me, it's all business mileage LOL.
Many times this necessitates a 2nd vehicle to dodge redflags.

That said, I can't think of a better reason to get a vehicle you want. "Yeah, so for taxes I had to go out & get this slick deal. For taxes."

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Many times this necessitates a 2nd vehicle to dodge redflags.

That said, I can't think of a better reason to get a vehicle you want. "Yeah, so for taxes I had to go out & get this slick deal. For taxes."

Back around '07-'08 whole bunch of realtors around here were all driving new Hummers and Mercedes for just that reason.
Making too much money. Need a business expense/tax write off.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
That, & I think that's around the time when the 1st yr depreciation allowance jumped to $75k!

Something like that. Also might've been some weird loophole as to what kind of vehicle a Hummer was classified as or something? I don't remember now.

Was the tail end of the run-up before the crash. Nobody cared, man. There was money flying everywhere. You had to actively work at not working or somebody would grab you off the street and give you a job.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Long time client got angry today that I would ask for 1.5x labor rate to do a 1 hour job (need to apply oem server firmware updates) before my usual opening hours 8am because client feels they can't be offline for an hour during a single work day (planned ahead of time mind you). They threatened to send all IT work out to bid. I told client that I'd welcome the opportunity to place a bid.

Long time client got angry today that I would ask for 1.5x labor rate to do a 1 hour job (need to apply oem server firmware updates) before my usual opening hours 8am because client feels they can't be offline for an hour during a single work day (planned ahead of time mind you). They threatened to send all IT work out to bid. I told client that I'd welcome the opportunity to place a bid.
At least they didn't get out a firearm. :/ Sorry, couldn't resist.:p