WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Got another HR complaint!

Today for valentines day they had a little contest where they filled a jar with cinnamon hearts, and whoever guessed closest to the amount got the jar. So I wrote up my guess and threw it in the box.

Then for badness... I grabbed a scale from the lab, weighed the jar, then weighed an identical jar that was in the kitchen to get the weight of just the cinnamon hearts. Then weighed a small handful of cinnamon hearts stolen from someone else's candy dish to get a per-heart weight estimate. Calculated 1375, pretty much double the guess of 700 that I threw in the jar. A bunch of people (including the HR lady) were watching what I was doing and having a chuckle about it, knowing full well I entered my guess first and wasn't actually cheating, and looking forward to how close I'd get. And I kept the number to myself until after the draw, so nobody else could use it.

Actual number was 1437, someone on the production line won with a guess of 1430.

Didn't stop someone from complaining to HR that I cheated...
Now, find what the average of all entries was. See how close it was to the actual amount.

whoo, Albuquerque was all Fury Road like today for the commute.

Stole the wife's car, she's stuck at home with the kids.

How funny. My drive in was also very Fury Road-like. More in that the noises the truck was making reminded me of the noises The Last Of The V8 Interceptors was making as Max was running right there in the beginning.

I think it's time to find a welder for this flange. I need to be shiny and chrome again.

Just got notice from my freight forwarder that thanks to tariffs from Cheeto Hitler, my duty rate went from 4.3% to 14.3%. And anything after 3/1/19 will be 29.3%.

So. Fucking. Mad.
Yep this fucking sucks. Ubiquiti Networks gear is getting raped with tariffs. Couple that with this ongoing Intel CPU shortage, it's hurting my business. Ordered some Dell computers in January for clients, won't be shipped until *possibly* end of March. FUCK!