WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Got another HR complaint!

Today for valentines day they had a little contest where they filled a jar with cinnamon hearts, and whoever guessed closest to the amount got the jar. So I wrote up my guess and threw it in the box.

Then for badness... I grabbed a scale from the lab, weighed the jar, then weighed an identical jar that was in the kitchen to get the weight of just the cinnamon hearts. Then weighed a small handful of cinnamon hearts stolen from someone else's candy dish to get a per-heart weight estimate. Calculated 1375, pretty much double the guess of 700 that I threw in the jar. A bunch of people (including the HR lady) were watching what I was doing and having a chuckle about it, knowing full well I entered my guess first and wasn't actually cheating, and looking forward to how close I'd get. And I kept the number to myself until after the draw, so nobody else could use it.

Actual number was 1437, someone on the production line won with a guess of 1430.

Didn't stop someone from complaining to HR that I cheated...

Got another HR complaint!

Today for valentines day they had a little contest where they filled a jar with cinnamon hearts, and whoever guessed closest to the amount got the jar. So I wrote up my guess and threw it in the box.

Then for badness... I grabbed a scale from the lab, weighed the jar, then weighed an identical jar that was in the kitchen to get the weight of just the cinnamon hearts. Then weighed a small handful of cinnamon hearts stolen from someone else's candy dish to get a per-heart weight estimate. Calculated 1375, pretty much double the guess of 700 that I threw in the jar. A bunch of people (including the HR lady) were watching what I was doing and having a chuckle about it, knowing full well I entered my guess first and wasn't actually cheating, and looking forward to how close I'd get. And I kept the number to myself until after the draw, so nobody else could use it.

Actual number was 1437, someone on the production line won with a guess of 1430.

Didn't stop someone from complaining to HR that I cheated...
whats the average age in the office

:p:D