WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Why even have an SOP if you're not going to follow it anyway? Or update it to reflect new methods for 10 years?
The method hasn't changed in 10 fucking years, you idiot. You are the only person suggesting that. It's the same fucking securing method that has been used for damn near 60 years, we just last updated the S.O.P. for this particular can in this location 10 years ago. This guy was a god damned mouth breather.

I didn’t know there was a new guy involved. I have to agree with that. Effin new guys.

The way it's written it sounds like new guy followed the rules. OG's are upset he rocked the boat.

They told him in training to do it how they do it instead of by the book.

They haven't updated the book in 10 years, just passing along how to do it by word of mouth.

When you're standing in front of HR, or some investigative body wondering why your secure shipment wasn't secured correctly, what's in writing is what matters. He said/she said don't fly.

The method hasn't changed in 10 fucking years, you idiot. You are the only person suggesting that. It's the same fucking securing method that has been used for damn near 60 years, we just last updated the S.O.P. for this particular can in this location 10 years ago. This guy was a god damned mouth breather.
You know this isn't something HHH isn't going to let go of, so be the bigger man and let it pass. Jet fuel can't melt iron sights and all that malarkey.

Alright man, last response to you on this because I'm tired of arguing with someone ignorant of the entire situation who is speaking of it like an expert. You are looking through a keyhole and trying to portray yourself as having the sight of God.

The guy was wrong. OJT is part of the S.O.P., trainer and supervisor signing off are a part, numerous checks and balances are a part of this training and procedure to ensure they know what they are doing.

That doesn't matter when someone is a fucking idiot.

This guy didn't pay attention in OJT. He was signed off in training and not in a production environment. When he got in a production environment he fucked up.

I have documents, first hand accounts from supervisors and managers, I have supporting information that tells me this guy fucked up.
You have whatever I have posted to tell you he didn't.

You're doing it again calling people idiots. That's not really necessary.

, by the most strict, word for word interpretation of the S.O.P., they appear to be correct, so we cant do anything but hold meetings with them and rewrite the S.O.P.

Words mean things.

FWIW - S.O.P. states "tamper proof wire ties must be applied, appropriately twisted, and lead seal must be clamped with the day's stamp."
https://uselessforums.com/

It does not say "thread wire through first hole. Breath, focus, now thread wire through second hole. Double check that you did not pull wire out of first hole to thread through second hole. Wire must be threaded through both holes in order to be tamper proof. When twisting wire, ensure twisted portion includes each loose end and you do not (for example) twist one loose end around itself." Etc etc

It does not say the second because if you start going into that many ways to make sure the workers aren't fucking idiots, then you've hired idiots and you need to get rid of them before someone makes something that can get someone killed.

"Wire must be threaded through both holes and twisted securely as shown in figure A in order to be tamper proof.". (Include simple diagram labeled "figure A" showing correct method).

There's your clear and concise SOP.
That'll be $5.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel and nukes
Guy at work scored tix to some Rush thing at the RRhall of fame next week
He was so happy he attempted an un-invited man hug with me
After applying the stiff-arm and informing him I dont fuckin care about his tickets, he wandered off to inform other people
I swear I should be allowed to carry a cattle prod for situations like this
Lol I completely agree.

Also about the @Mr Asa work problem,I have to know , do you pronounce it SOP or ESS Oh Pee? Either way is pretty funny for some reason. 😁

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

That's my bad. Method didn't change 10 years ago. SOP was last updated 10 years ago to say use the 60 year old method on this particular container.

Late arrival @Mr. Asa - I understand the concern about someone who can't figure out the seal goes through both holes - though that would be hard to screw up if all parts of the hasp are in position. As someone who's sent about 60 containers abroad, I'm just surprised you guys would be using a twisted wire deal like that. There are all sorts of high security seals made of aircraft cable that are about as secure as you can get.
I think written SOP should mirror OJT *. There is a presumption that someone will look back over written SOP - OJT might be a blur for a variety of reasons. Including poor instruction. * Which is why some people keep a copy of every memo or kite they receive from higher ups their entire career. 'Cause you just never know when they might turn on you, using verbal instruction as an excuse.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Lol I completely agree.

Also about the @Mr Asa work problem,I have to know , do you pronounce it SOP or ESS Oh Pee? Either way is pretty funny for some reason. 😁
Periods usually indicate individual letters instead of what it sounds like, NASA vs U.S.A. (latter isn't the best example for that)

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Late arrival @Mr. Asa - I understand the concern about someone who can't figure out the seal goes through both holes - though that would be hard to screw up if all parts of the hasp are in position. As someone who's sent about 60 containers abroad, I'm just surprised you guys would be using a twisted wire deal like that. There are all sorts of high security seals made of aircraft cable that are about as secure as you can get.
I think written SOP should mirror OJT *. There is a presumption that someone will look back over written SOP - OJT might be a blur for a variety of reasons. Including poor instruction. * Which is why some people keep a copy of every memo or kite they receive from higher ups their entire career. 'Cause you just never know when they might turn on you, using verbal instruction as an excuse.

Why I said...

When you're standing in front of HR, or some investigative body wondering why your secure shipment wasn't secured correctly, what's in writing is what matters. He said/she said don't fly.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Add to shipping dicking around - it is the truck driver's ULTIMATE responsibility to check the seals on any containers they are going to leave with. To cover their own ass if nothing else.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

Sounds like these are just the little wire ties that are supposed to let you know if the container has been opened. They're not nor are they meant to be tamper "proof".

Might want to correct that language in the SOP as well.

Matter of fact, instead of lambasting this guy for following it as written they should probably be paying him to write it.