WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Unless you live in Portland.
Liv is an interesting word. I think we're discussing homelessness and poverty. If I lived in Portland and I was that poor I get a couple of paychecks from doing day labor from behind Home Depot pretending I spoke Spanish and then I get the hell out of there to some place I can afford.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Liv is an interesting word. I think we're discussing homelessness and poverty. If I lived in Portland and I was that poor I get a couple of paychecks from doing day labor from behind Home Depot pretending I spoke Spanish and then I get the hell out of there to some place I can afford.

Yeah, that’s the rub. Work in Portland, Live outside of Portland. Commute time and expense. Parts of Portland would be close to affordable if they’d do away with the invome:rent rule.

How far does that go? “All the jobs are in this state, but I have to live in this state and commute.” ?

There needs to be more affordable housing. Everywhere.

Yeah, that’s the rub. Work in Portland, Live outside of Portland. Commute time and expense. Parts of Portland would be close to affordable if they’d do away with the invome:rent rule.

How far does that go? “All the jobs are in this state, but I have to live in this state and commute.” ?

There needs to be more affordable housing. Everywhere.

They pull the same hoodwink here.

"Oh, X development has to have X% "affordable housing"".

People have different definitions of what "affordable housing" is.

Here it seems to mean locking enough service industry people into subsidized apartments they're locked into public dependence so they can service the rich gentrificationists within walking distance.

Or, building a billion dollar train track to the outskirts of town so those plebes have a way out of here after they're done polishing our silver 'cause they'll never afford a car on what we're paying them.

Most the elitist fucks on here do the same thing whether they realize it or not (most of them do, they just pay lip service to it but they really just don't care).

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and nukes