WTF So I just dick'd my butt

My customer who I've done a ton of biz over a decade with: .
"Dude. You do not need to explain this to me. That's what I got you for. Where do I sign?"

^ this guy! This guy makes it all worthwhile.

Once in a while I wish I knew wtf it is you do for a living
PS Im not asking so dont tell me, most of the time I dont care

:lol:

Postpartum [this is soooooo, blame shifting after the election type of crap]

so the mfr 'owner' [80ish yrs old, still reasonably aware, but the daughter that works there tells me if he doesn't get his meds hes a mess and that he's the reason she drinks.] just called to tell me I cost him $1200 per unit.
[fwiw, I had a feeling I was going to get a call from this senile dude]
So I cut him off & told him I didn't cost anyone anything. We got a quote, and invoice, and then paid it. {from/to his distributor. He knows this.}
So he repeats, louder, that I 'cost someone $1200/unit'
So. . . . .

:lol: I said exactly:

louder also

"DARLING, We received a quote, and an invoice, and paid your distributor. Nothing has changed on my end, and, eventhough this was your distributors deal, like all of your deals we overcommunicate to you so you know exactly what's going on! If you want your distributor treated like an outside sales rep, YOU need to give me the quote and invoice to get paid!"

:fly:

So he tells me he's not honoring the price to the distributor. . .
Me: OK. But that's not my department. YOU have to tell that to THEM. I'm not a part of the arrangement you have with them.

Then I got 20 minutes on how 'this was custom stuff' the promotional period can't be ignored.

maybe he just needed to change his depends.

I'm pouring bourbon #3. Anyone else? It's 20 to 5 in Bermuda.

Sooo, over this past yr I've had a dozen conversations with this old octogenarian codger. His daughter is probably a few yrs older than me and is the 'are we there yet?' person. With him - 11/12 good conversations with an old man about his biz, who he sells to, why he needs our $$, how to be a great sales person:fly:, etc. Just good old conversations with an old man talking about his life. Each one about 15-30 minutes, I can't cut him off because even though he can be crotchety, he's a nice guy, and of course he refers us customers that we make $$ from. The calls would usually end with 'and if anything changes[on whatever deal initiated his call to me], you've got my cell. Just give me a quick call.' My last convo with him was probably a month ago.

fast forward: The most recent 'are we there yet deal' finally ended this past monday and I haven't heard from them until today. The daughter calls, thanks me for my patience, reviews the deal yet again :lol: & then says she's got news. . . .

Her dad died last week. Apparently 3wks ago at a drs appt he had multiple, inoperable brain tumors & gave him 3 mos. He was gone in 3 weeks. Worked until his last week, and was fully functional at home until the last 36hrs.

The daughter said it's more relaxed around the office now because he's not yelling for this employee or that employee to do something or bring him something over and over. She said she was still getting ready to send out semi-personalized emails to their regulars and was just finishing calling the 3 people that needed a call instead of an email. "old customers?" I asked. "Yeah and competition. He was on the ground floor of this industry and two other guys and him stuck with each other through all the industry changes and economic ups and downs. And now I just had some time to call you."

ME???

Yeah. He talked with those two occasionally, and you. We literally made sure he didn't talk to anyone outside of here because we never new what he'd say. I've had to call people back and apologize to them when he's randomly picked up the phone and lose his mind. He'd just lose it but he only kind of lost it with you that one time.

I'm still in a little shock he gone, but I'm in a lot of shock that I was that significant to them.

Sooo, over this past yr I've had a dozen conversations with this old octogenarian codger. His daughter is probably a few yrs older than me and is the 'are we there yet?' person. With him - 11/12 good conversations with an old man about his biz, who he sells to, why he needs our $$, how to be a great sales person:fly:, etc. Just good old conversations with an old man talking about his life. Each one about 15-30 minutes, I can't cut him off because even though he can be crotchety, he's a nice guy, and of course he refers us customers that we make $$ from. The calls would usually end with 'and if anything changes[on whatever deal initiated his call to me], you've got my cell. Just give me a quick call.' My last convo with him was probably a month ago.

fast forward: The most recent 'are we there yet deal' finally ended this past monday and I haven't heard from them until today. The daughter calls, thanks me for my patience, reviews the deal yet again:lol: & then says she's got news. . . .

Her dad died last week. Apparently 3wks ago at a drs appt he had multiple, inoperable brain tumors & gave him 3 mos. He was gone in 3 weeks. Worked until his last week, and was fully functional at home until the last 36hrs.

The daughter said it's more relaxed around the office now because he's not yelling for this employee or that employee to do something or bring him something over and over. She said she was still getting ready to send out semi-personalized emails to their regulars and was just finishing calling the 3 people that needed a call instead of an email. "old customers?" I asked. "Yeah and competition. He was on the ground floor of this industry and two other guys and him stuck with each other through all the industry changes and economic ups and downs. And now I just had some time to call you."

ME???

Yeah. He talked with those two occasionally, and you. We literally made sure he didn't talk to anyone outside of here because we never new what he'd say. I've had to call people back and apologize to them when he's randomly picked up the phone and lose his mind. He'd just lose it but he only kind of lost it with you that one time.

I'm still in a little shock he gone, but I'm in a lot of shock that I was that significant to them.
It's important and rare to actually listen to geezers. 💚

fast forward: The most recent 'are we there yet deal' finally ended this past monday and I haven't heard from them until today. The daughter calls, thanks me for my patience, reviews the deal yet again:lol: & then says she's got news. . . .

ME???

Dude probably left you a wad in his will. ;) Seriously, very cool.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Amstel
Fire alarm went off this morning. Apparent cause was a malfunctioning AC system.

Now the AC is out in the entire building. Starting to get warm and sticky over here.
Well they cleaned our work AC: they were all up in the ducts and stuff. Now it has been freezing in there for about a week and the patients are shivering under piles of paper thin "blankets".

Cold air is bad for germs.

I sometimes used to stay awake all the way into the OR and put myself on the table. It’s FREEZING in operating rooms! The staff claimed it served several purposes, one being germ lifespan shortening.

There was more than one anesthesiologist that I talked into letting me float for a few minutes before knocking me all the way out. Hehe

I sometimes used to stay awake all the way into the OR and put myself on the table. It’s FREEZING in operating rooms! The staff claimed it served several purposes, one being germ lifespan shortening.

There was more than one anesthesiologist that I talked into letting me float for a few minutes before knocking me all the way out. Hehe
If God made anything better than liquid IV valium, he saved it for himself.