WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Hey @fly, I remember you a few weeks back bringing up issues resolving DNS via google or some such.

I'm having a similar issue on my home network that makes little sense but it's the same thing. It's not all the time but about 50% of the time I seem to have DNS resolution issues very similar to what you were reporting, on my Wireless network only (unconfirmed so far but it's the only place I've seen it for sure), not for wired connections.

Hey @fly, I remember you a few weeks back bringing up issues resolving DNS via google or some such.

I'm having a similar issue on my home network that makes little sense but it's the same thing. It's not all the time but about 50% of the time I seem to have DNS resolution issues very similar to what you were reporting, on my Wireless network only (unconfirmed so far but it's the only place I've seen it for sure), not for wired connections.
We had some Frontier routing issue, IIRC. Even using external DNS didn't help.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
There are few things better than getting a random call from a resume you sent out months ago and being able to call back and tell them you're happy where you are.

(Applied over summer, they realized they weren't ready to hire and pulled the job ad, now they are ready and are calling those that had good resumes)
Sometimes it's not so much being happy, just not being as desperate as when you filled out that damn resume.:lol:

Fun fact

I was hired twice after interviewing while drunk, both for truck driving positions.
Fun fact, I have glib answers for almost every standard programming interview question.

Last job I was in the question was, "how would you weigh an airplane".

I answered, "with a scale".

The interviewer asked where I would get a scale big enough, and I answered that I'd borrow it from his mom.

Stayed in that job for 5 years.

Fun fact, I have glib answers for almost every standard programming interview question.

The interviewer asked where I would get a scale big enough, and I answered that I'd borrow it from his mom.

You're all set if the next guy asks for a yo-momma joke.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

One of my supervisors made sure he had Breathassure in his desk for me. They knew I was drunk most of the time but since I was more relieable than the sober guys...

The other supervisor, much later, admitted she couldn’t tell if it was me or the company owner who smelled more like booze during the imterview, so she hired me anyway. I quit drinking during the day for that job.

It’s a miracle I’m not in prison for life after killing a bus load of Christian kids (it’s ALWAYS Crhristian kids) while driving drunk.

This is really good. I know I was kind of a Debby downer about why many women don't breast-feed, but with people like you assisting more will get past those hurdles. With current interest in all things "green" it seems like you should do good.
Idea: do a promotion where people could by X number of consults with you as a baby shower gift. ;) Allow them to trade those for other services if they don't need the BF help.
That is an excellent idea thank you!

Sometimes its just a medical thing. Not a latching issue, not a training issue, not some hurdle that can be circumvented easily or at all. Making women feel bad cause their bodies wont cooperate is a shitty thing to do too.
I dont do that, wspwcially bwcause so many women have a rough start and that cant be overcome. I also don't judge if women don't want to breastfeed at all.. We are all on our own paths.

Just did actual engineering using existing parts to potentially solve a problem we are having.

It was about two hours of good times.

Now I have to go back to paperwork. I has a sad.
I had to do 1 hour of workplace health and safety stuff today. Unfortunately there's no WHMIS 2015 standardized symbol that indicates a sharp hazard, so I couldn't affix a safety label to the paperwork to warn the safety committee of potential paper cuts.

Back to getting pissed off at Python.

😂😂