WTF So I just dick'd my butt

It's actually pretty fucking awesome.
Might be - like I said, he drones on about it but we can never implement jack shit. *When I started here his gf was his IT person and she thought a networked drive would just naturally know where to put deleted files.:rolleyes: Too funny - I let him sweat for a few hours when he dumped a coupla hundred client folders.:D

Might be - like I said, he drones on about it but we can never implement jack shit. *When I started here his gf was his IT person and she thought a networked drive would just naturally know where to put deleted files.:rolleyes: Too funny - I let him sweat for a few hours when he dumped a coupla hundred client folders.:D
Didn't you say you work at a law office? It's my experience that those people are some of the dumbest/worst IT businesses ever.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Didn't you say you work at a law office? It's my experience that those people are some of the dumbest/worst IT businesses ever.
I do* . They are. Attorney's are the last to embrace technology. It's sad, 5 people here and I am the only one even using Acrobat PRO. One women probably spends 30+ hours a week reading medical records but they won't get her an upright/tall monitor. Amazing - we have a networked scanner.
*I have a BA in English, minor Computer Sciences. But from the dino years - 1992. C was HAWT, PASCAL was still a Chad. Al G. hadn't invented the Internet yet.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
And stupidcheap. Holy shit.
Yup. All the attys I've hired want $$ to make them look good. leather books, expensive furniture, $2k suit, Tesla, and what software for their legal docs? 15 yr old word processing software. It's cheap, it works and the old betty's don't have to be retrained.

My divorce atty at extra older computers in case the ones being used went down in his office. He'd have them ready to go asap. Yet, $100k country club memberships - here and FL.

.... and what software for their legal docs? 15 yr old word processing software. It's cheap, it works and the old betty's don't have to be retrained.
Wordperfect :) Most of the youngsters don't know how to use it (the old betties have already been retrained or got out of biz.), which gave me an edge at my age(58). "Yes, I was once known as MACRO MAN." I actually like WP's macro language, is very similar to C if you want to write more advanced ones since Wordperfect was originally written in C. I've made a grip of macros since I got here, got their own pulldown on the toolbar and all :)

This job is butt-ass easy, the pay is really pretty good. But I totally expect this place to be shuttered at any time due to the owner having a legal issue. Nobody can dodge a bullet forever. Not even a shark in a suit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
KLr1dmE.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie