WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Major Franchisor: I like your product. You're really going to have a great 2018 with us. Let's see how this first one starts out, but if it's what I think it is we'll be celebrating at the end of the year.

Me: *gush* to them over the phone but suggests we keep an open mind about results.

at my desk. . . me:

r85aOIi.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer
Have I mentioned recently that I love my job?

Owner and Lead Engineer talking about how to water proof a project I was helping L.E. test earlier.

Owner "Did I ever show you *similar product to ours for a different industry* ?"
L.E. "Maybe, where is it?"
*gets product, inspects*
L.E. "think this thing is potted all the way, or they only did part of it?"
O "all the way, for sure."
L.E. "I dunno, if so it probably wouldn't have failed."
O "Mr. Asa, go cut this thing in half for us. I know you're dying to."
"Sure, in half which way?
O " Right about there."

6ecc655818f7185198eabc3de13eb3d0.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Have I mentioned recently that I love my job?

Owner and Lead Engineer talking about how to water proof a project I was helping L.E. test earlier.

Owner "Did I ever show you *similar product to ours for a different industry* ?"
L.E. "Maybe, where is it?"
*gets product, inspects*
L.E. "think this thing is potted all the way, or they only did part of it?"
O "all the way, for sure."
L.E. "I dunno, if so it probably wouldn't have failed."
O "Mr. Asa, go cut this thing in half for us. I know you're dying to."
"Sure, in half which way?
O " Right about there."

6ecc655818f7185198eabc3de13eb3d0.jpg
I'm stuck in Docker training today. I'm being indoctrinated into the WAVE OF THE FUTURE™.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Signed the paperwork for a promotion yesterday. Dropping the associate tag, ~13% raise (still being way underpaid).

I asked for a promotion almost 3 months ago, fucking management was going to wait until my 1 yr mark in the role which is arbitrary. I had to push the issue with the senior manager (I have a supervisor, manager below that). Ruffled some feathers but I used our open door policy with the Director who was giving me advice on how to handle the issue.

Def going to be jumping ship within a year, can't stand my management.

Signed the paperwork for a promotion yesterday. Dropping the associate tag, ~13% raise (still being way underpaid).

I asked for a promotion almost 3 months ago, fucking management was going to wait until my 1 yr mark in the role which is arbitrary. I had to push the issue with the senior manager (I have a supervisor, manager below that). Ruffled some feathers but I used our open door policy with the Director who was giving me advice on how to handle the issue.

Def going to be jumping ship within a year, can't stand my management.
I'm ratting you out.

[GIPHY="Harlan Ellison Jeffy is five"]https://media3.giphy.com/media/B9XNbmdaSWhBS/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

Somewhere around here I have a screen grab of a biopic that shows him riding on the bus with a couple of black guys next to him. In front of Dahmer sits a blue plastic drum that he bought and was taking home on the frickin bus.

Awesome.

Somewhere around here I have a screen grab of a biopic that shows him riding on the bus with a couple of black guys next to him. In front of Dahmer sits a blue plastic drum that he bought and was taking home on the frickin bus.

Awesome.
You mean that's Dahmer and not Harlan Ellison? The haircut and glasses matched...

I get paid well at $2.50 per mile I just don't always get enough paid miles.
A young lady tipped me $20 last night on a $40 fare. Her boyfriend dumped her by phone during the ride. I helped put it in perspective for her since the Retarded boyfriend in question was only 26.
I'd say she appreciated my fatherly advice.