WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Man, more and more of my daily conversations involve C-levels and lawyers...

No real way to hide mistakes if I make them anymore. Yikes.

I hate lawyers. About once a week some prick calls trying to tell me some machine doesn't work and their customer isn't gonna make the payments and they're gonna sue me [the finance guy] unless. . .

Look bitch, if the wipers on your Ford Explorer break you don't stop making payments with the bank you chose to make payments to. You get them fixed and go on about your life. Same here. Now that I've explained our position you can bill your customer for this call and the the call you make to them to tell them what we discussed. Any more calls from your firm to me and you're doing your customer a disservice and I'll tell them exactly that. We both know they need to make their payments.

that's pretty much verbatim, except for the 'bitch' part. But I'm screaming it in my mind.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Apparently company morale is a big thing with my new job. Last Halloween for the costume contest they gave away an iPad and a digital camera for the winner.

I'm not sure if they were trying to convince me to show up in costume, or if they genuinely have costume contests. While going on the tour, the Director of Engineering had a nerf gun pulled on him before the wielder realized the DoE was giving a tour.

Apparently company morale is a big thing with my new job. Last Halloween for the costume contest they gave away an iPad and a digital camera for the winner.

I'm not sure if they were trying to convince me to show up in costume, or if they genuinely have costume contests. While going on the tour, the Director of Engineering had a nerf gun pulled on him before the wielder realized the DoE was giving a tour.
Ask to see pictures of previous year's contests to be sure. :)

Today I helped install desks that can go from sitting to standing in my office while I waited on software to install.

One of the guys in sales wandered by and said "oh, you guys got them finally?" then left.

He came back and fired a nerf dart into the nuts of one of the lead engineers (because he now had a clear shot as the engineer was standing.) The gun had been modified and the dart had a ball bearing glued on for strength. The engineer smacked his head on his new desk as he doubled over.

Today I helped install desks that can go from sitting to standing in my office while I waited on software to install.

One of the guys in sales wandered by and said "oh, you guys got them finally?" then left.

He came back and fired a nerf dart into the nuts of one of the lead engineers (because he now had a clear shot as the engineer was standing.) The gun had been modified and the dart had a ball bearing glued on for strength. The engineer smacked his head on his new desk as he doubled over.
So he got fired?