WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I did a consulting job (more like network monkey) for a friend of mine last year end of Sept. He was tasked to install like 40 temporary WiFi APs, switches, and temporary cabling for an outdoor event. I worked like 4 solid days and cut him a decent break on my fee, as the client is non-profit and doing good work. Anyway, I've yet to be paid. Jan 1st my friend says he just did billing and will have money for me next week and asks for my Paypal address. Nothing. I texted him today saying business has been really slow for me and I need that money (not a lie, shitty beginning of this year). Not a peep and I see him posting on FB and Twitter. I really like the guy, has a lot of IT knowledge and I've used him for projects with my clients (and paid him promptly). But this is bullshit.

I broke the golden rule: never do work for your friends. It never ends well. FML

/rant

I did a consulting job (more like network monkey) for a friend of mine last year end of Sept. He was tasked to install like 40 temporary WiFi APs, switches, and temporary cabling for an outdoor event. I worked like 4 solid days and cut him a decent break on my fee, as the client is non-profit and doing good work. Anyway, I've yet to be paid. Jan 1st my friend says he just did billing and will have money for me next week and asks for my Paypal address. Nothing. I texted him today saying business has been really slow for me and I need that money (not a lie, shitty beginning of this year). Not a peep and I see him posting on FB and Twitter. I really like the guy, has a lot of IT knowledge and I've used him for projects with my clients (and paid him promptly). But this is bullshit.

I broke the golden rule: never do work for your friends. It never ends well. FML

/rant
Ugh. Feel your pain, bro.

Something is weird about the first of the year... my business is always slow.

/rant
That fucking sucks.

So ive jumped.fealty to the biggest cab dispatch company in Murica. Got a re-permitting appointment at 10:30. This will either be really great or really terrible. $12,000 per year alone for lead generation.

When I break that down to when I was on my own, it works fine if the business comes in.
My worst year I spent $36,000 on Google AdWords for 5 cabs.
12,000 is a little steep but what I always remember is the nightmare of running a 24/7 operation and averaging 6 hours of sleep per night and having constant nightmares about smashed cabs and lawsuits.
As a single operator I get to turn my phone off every night.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
So ive jumped.fealty to the biggest cab dispatch company in Murica. Got a re-permitting appointment at 10:30. This will either be really great or really terrible. $12,000 per year alone for lead generation.

When I break that down to when I was on my own, it works fine if the business comes in.
My worst year I spent $36,000 on Google AdWords for 5 cabs.
12,000 is a little steep but what I always remember is the nightmare of running a 24/7 operation and averaging 6 hours of sleep per night and having constant nightmares about smashed cabs and lawsuits.
As a single operator I get to turn my phone off every night.

You make the cabbie life sound so alluring, Nukes.