WTF So I just dick'd my butt

I did do that and he says he did it a certain way for the ability to handle updates to the data. I told him before and again during this conversation that the data is static. He reiterates that it good in case the data changes. I'm not ok with this because it requires much more work to interface with his setup.
This sounds more like a difference in opinion or coding style... is he writing something that's gonna be used for a single programming task and never anything else, or is it something that's gonna be thrown into the "code toolbox" to be used in the future for other things where the data might not be static?

I'm playing devils advocate. I recently handed off a bunch of stuff at work from R&D to the production engineers. One of them got fed up with my "stack of interrupt handlers and semaphores" approach to doing things, and rewrote half of it so it now runs on an RTOS. I think it's a simple design that doesn't need an RTOS, but hey, it's how they're used to doing things on their side of the fence and if it works, fuck it.

This sounds more like a difference in opinion or coding style... is he writing something that's gonna be used for a single programming task and never anything else, or is it something that's gonna be thrown into the "code toolbox" to be used in the future for other things where the data might not be static?

I'm playing devils advocate. I recently handed off a bunch of stuff at work from R&D to the production engineers. One of them got fed up with my "stack of interrupt handlers and semaphores" approach to doing things, and rewrote half of it so it now runs on an RTOS. I think it's a simple design that doesn't need an RTOS, but hey, it's how they're used to doing things on their side of the fence and if it works, fuck it.
To put it basically. He structured data to be easily updatable. I told him before he started that the data was static. It take more code to interface with what he's created than if he had done it my way.

I have 10x more experience than him.

Learn how to hypnotise people, that's going to be my next thing too, pretty soon i'll be a fascist hypnotist.
720ac2d2c88d23336988407143c7f5eb.jpg

An S Corp has a cheaper annual report.

I spoke with my atty when I set up my corp. Asked about the LLC. he said it was created for and valuable if you're a law firm & have partners coming in & out because it's very limited paperwork to bring them in & out. It is an advantage if you want to bring other owners in & out, but mostly a fashion statement beyond that . No llc for me.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes