so I joined a band

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
yup, I joined a band and I'm their singer :cool:
we have lead and rythm guitar, bassist, drummer, keyboard, and a 3 piece horn section...horn sections are the shit!
I started singing in bands when I was 14 and learned how to play guitar, bass, and drums soon after...I pretty much quit it all about '97 to get a real job so I wouldn't wake up at 30 and have accomplished nothing in my life...so, now that I've accomplished something with myself I don't have to worry about turning out to be a bum anymore

right now we have a mix of covers and originals we are working on...covers are SRV, the doors, hendrix, etc..

when we play out somewhere in a few months the atlanta crew and anyone else who can make it has to come out for it! :cool:

why_ask_why said:
yup, I joined a band and I'm their singer :cool:
we have lead and rythm guitar, bassist, drummer, keyboard, and a 3 piece horn section...horn sections are the shit!
I started singing in bands when I was 14 and learned how to play guitar, bass, and drums soon after...I pretty much quit it all about '97 to get a real job so I wouldn't wake up at 30 and have accomplished nothing in my life...so, now that I've accomplished something with myself I don't have to worry about turning out to be a bum anymore

right now we have a mix of covers and originals we are working on...covers are SRV, the doors, hendrix, etc..

when we play out somewhere in a few months the atlanta crew and anyone else who can make it has to come out for it! :cool:

Okay, but only if you let me hop on stage at some point and throw down with my jaw-harp.

Fat Burger said:
You're 10 years late to be ska, but just in time to be fashionably unique :cool:

ska was only cool for about 5 minutes anyway :p

actually I was listening to ska in the early/mid 80's when I was a kid...english beat, madness...

Drool-Boy said:
Whats the bands name?
If it is as yet un-named, may I suggest "Pope Rape"?

perfect...if you remember my plan about being excommunicated from the church to get free press for my band, that works great! :D

no name yet...tomorrow night will only be our second practice

I was hoping this thread was about you joining a band of merry men who robbed from the poor and gave to the rich, or something like that.

KNYTE said:
I was hoping this thread was about you joining a band of merry men who robbed from the poor and gave to the rich, or something like that.

mormons aren't allowed to rock, are they? :(

:fly:

why_ask_why said:
care for a golden shower, ma'am?

nice sig :p
That wasn't me, that was Sarcasmo... but it made me choke on my chili cheese dawg so I figured it was worth quoting....