So..i guess i work for SAP now..

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥481
So i work for Business Objects and i love it. I have been here for 3 years, still have some stock options and i participate in my ESPP.

SAP apparently wants us and seeing as we had a mediocre 3rd quarter i guess they thought they'd make an offer and it got accepted. Off hour trading from last night to this mornig we were up 15 percent.

So my question is this.. SAP is currently trading at 59 and change, we are opening at 57 and change, the purchase price that SAP is offering is 59.70 something or other.

Should i hold on to my stock or should i sell at purchase time for the 59.70 something.

For the record
300 options @ 21 dollars
about 4k in my ESPP which is set to end on November 1st

Heres to hoping they don't fire me!!

for the record, SAP has been a strong performer in the market for the past 3 years with steady gains.

My companies stock has sort of stayed stagnent up until the rumors of a take over (that was false) and then on this news of SAP being all like, "Yo bitch... wheres my money, yous my bitch now"

to clear up a few things
1. I have 10 percent of my check going towards ESPP and the way it works is we get a 15% discount at purchase time and the price is whatever was less, the beginning of the 6 months or the end.

Free money!! YAY.

2. I have a 401k i'm putting about 10k a year in which is fine and i'm not worried about retirement as it's automated right now.

3. My options are not 100 percent vested yet, i'm about 70 percent vested which i've already sold most of.

i fucking hate SAP... but people trained it in make like 10-15 grand more than anyone else. it's a cash cow, go for the SAP. more and more companies are switching to it becuase of Sarbanes Oxley and all that other crap.

(sox being the laws passed after the whole enron thing)

i fucking hate SAP... but people trained it in make like 10-15 grand more than anyone else. it's a cash cow, go for the SAP. more and more companies are switching to it becuase of Sarbanes Oxley and all that other crap.

LOL @ Comprehenshun.

edit: Ontopic, PUT ALL YOUR MONIES IN A VANGAURD INDEX FUND

Oracle > SAP

edit: Ontopic, listen to Fly about Vanguard