So I got a Tick

the_tick.jpg

Yeah, I'm childish

edit> And damn, terry-cloth underwear?

shoulda just left it in, a tick has gotta eat too ya know.

Next up, Flaming glory comes south and experiences chiggers!

Edit: Chigger is not a racial slur for a chinese person. Now you know!

ERage said:

I don't think I've ever been chiggered

why_ask_why said:
I don't think I've ever been chiggered

A.K.A. Harvest mites

those bastards are nasty, they are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. they burrow under your skin and make a fairly large welt that itches and burns. They love warm spots, particularly crotches and armpits.

chigger.jpg

chigger-bite.jpg

ERage said:
A.K.A. Harvest mites

those bastards are nasty, they are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. they burrow under your skin and make a fairly large welt that itches and burns. They love warm spots, particularly crotches and armpits.

chigger.jpg

chigger-bite.jpg

I know what they are, just never gotten them
those are the ones you pull nail polish remover on, no?

why_ask_why said:
you go to the hospital for ticks and fg tries sepuku on his crotch...ahahah, wtf y'all? they are so easy to get rid of :fly:

Mind you, I've never actually gone to the doctor for a tick. Tweezers have always worked for me, but it's nice to know I could if I really needed to.

Chiggers are nastier than ticks.

why_ask_why said:
you go to the hospital for ticks and fg tries sepuku on his crotch...ahahah, wtf y'all? they are so easy to get rid of :fly:

bahahahahah, I missed this comment the first time thru the thread. :lol:

caray6.jpg

ERage said:

Edit: Chigger is not a racial slur for a chinese person. Now you know!
I've heard about those... My cousin got tons of them at Ft. Benning. Is why you should always wear pants :(

ERage said:
A.K.A. Harvest mites

chigger.jpg

chigger-bite.jpg

FYI:
Chiggers do not burrow into your skin. They "vomit" an enzyme which eats away your flesh in order to eat it sort of. They are never actually in your skin. The welts that are formed are chemical warfare.

The only time a ticks are ever really gross is when they're fully engorged and full of blood.

We'd pull em off the dogs and then squeeze them till they popped.

zengirl said:
The only time a ticks are ever really gross is when they're fully engorged and full of blood.

When did you get another Mike?

zengirl said:

We used to spend some vacations at a cabin in the mountains when I lived in Norway. Awesome secluded place on the ocean and all that. A block from the cabin was a field of cattle COVERED in massive, bloated ticks. We used to pick them off and smash them between rocks until the rocks looked like sacrificial altars. There was so much blood it would form puddles on the ground where all the crushed tick corpses were scattered. Looking back those poor bugs probably thought it was Armageddon or something.

Sarcasmo said:
We used to spend some vacations at a cabin in the mountains when I lived in Norway. Awesome secluded place on the ocean and all that. A block from the cabin was a field of cattle COVERED in massive, bloated ticks. We used to pick them off and smash them between rocks until the rocks looked like sacrificial altars. There was so much blood it would form puddles on the ground where all the crushed tick corpses were scattered. Looking back those poor bugs probably thought it was Armageddon or something.
They are not poor bugs. They are parasites! If it wasnt raining today I would be outside taking out my agression on nature with burning tires.

Here they carry lyme disease, tularemia, and eastern equine encephalitis. So freaking out is the standard procedure.

FlamingGlory said:
They are not poor bugs. They are parasites! If it wasnt raining today I would be outside taking out my agression on nature with burning tires.

Here they carry lyme disease, tularemia, and eastern equine encephalitis. So freaking out is the standard procedure.
I walked the dog around my neighborhood last week, I came home and relaxed on my couch and felt my arm irritated... I look over and theres a freakin tick crawling up my arm.

I quickly proceeded to the kitchen where I killed that nasty thing with fire.

Luckily it was traveling on my arm and not sucking my blood. The funny part was the thing probably TRIED sucking my blood but got so freakin drunk it tried driving home... and I busted that mofo for DUI.

BURN