So I got a Tick

itburnswhenipee said:
The folk storied of my day swore blind that smoking cloves would drive holes the size of Roosevelt dimes through your lungs. You ought to watch youself, young man.
You taste them way more than inhaling them.

FlamingGlory said:
Nope, you're just so boring I need something to do. :p

Oh shush. You'd be lost without me. I am so special to the world.

itburnswhenipee said:
*sigh*

Shit, [ADMIN EDIT], that's like tasting pie. You don't shove a bit of pie on your mouth only to spit it out afterwards, do you?
Well I thought most girls wouldnt like it if I actually bit so...

itburnswhenipee said:
Which doesn't explain the fact that you took a pearing knife to your leg in what can only be described as an over-exuberant act of parasite-removal.
It wasnt a paring knife. For one thing (pic below), and I wanted that little fucker GONE. It hurt :(

sealpup.jpg

you could put those pics on some tick website, they're so vivid. and they made me wanna puke, and i usually have a stomach for such. :eek:

i'm glad you got the little bastard out. i hope you drank yourself into a happy place after all that.

hmm I hate to be an asshole but you could have saved your self some pain and trouble by simply swabbing the tick with rubbing alcohol. it's what I used to kill ticks off the boa consctrictors when i worked in the petshop.

Thorn Bird said:
a match does.
:rolleyes:
http://vetmedicine.about.com/library/howto/httick.htm

How to safely remove a tick from your pet.

Difficulty Level: easy Time Required: 5 minutes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's How:
Use latex exam gloves to examine your pet for ticks. Examine using good lighting.
Check your pet daily for ticks by thoroughly feeling for any lumps under the hair. Pay close attention to ears, around face, eyes, legs, and belly.
Ticks will range in size from the size of a sesame seed to the size of a fingernail (engorged).
When is tick is found embedded in the skin, use a fine pointed tweezers at the point of attachment, and grasp firmly. Remember to wear latex gloves when doing this.
Using slow, steady, and firm traction, pull the tick straight out from the skin.
Cleanse the skin with mild soap and water.
If part of the tick breaks off, you can try to remove it as you would a splinter, but it is probably best to leave it alone. The body will 'eject' it in time.
Place the tick in a jar of alcohol, noting the date, in case of future illness. Tick identification and location of tick infestation will be important.

Tips:
Do NOT use a match or caustic materials to try to smother the tick or get the tick to 'back out'. This doesn't work, and may be causing the tick to regurgitate more saliva (and potential pathogens) into the skin.
Talk to your vet about effective tick control (spray, powder, spot-on, or collar) for your pet.
Check pet daily, especially in the spring when ticks are most common.