So I got a puppy (obligatory pics)

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
Last Monday we picked up our pupy from our friend. We've called her Kes (for those not on my facefuck) and she's American Bulldog x Collie with some Ridgeback, Husky and a few other breeds through the generations. She's already almost 10Kg and only 10 weeks old so she'll be around 50Kg fully grown (or so the internet says). Having a puppy is like having a baby or a toddler, you have to get up 3 times a night to let her go weewees, she runs around being excessively hyper for 45 minutes and then passes out for 2 hours. It's quite draining but I've been very patient so far.

This morning the weather had turned, it's gushing rain outside and she REALLY didn't want to go outside to toilet, poor thing. She's had a few accidents in the house so far but they're all our fault for being inattentive, but she's very good at going outside on command.

Anyway, onwards with cute pictures:

ZPeNG.jpg

EpxUc.jpg

OGT6z.jpg

9KgtR.png

gtFWC.png

While she's incredibly cute...

Anyone want to take a wager how long this dog will last in her house? I know she's great at keeping cats around... :fly:

Unless they catch the scent of a squirrel, or a bacon factory, then they're gooooooooooooooooone.

Hmm....bacon factories eh......I'm getting her microchipped next week though I guess. But she's totally not invited to bacon factories, all that goodness is mine.

Hey are you still living in a warehouse?

Yes. Quite.

is this pup going to be trained in the fine art of food foraging? I think nottingham dumpster hound has a nice ring to it :D

All dogs are trained to forage for food. It's kind of what animals do. However her breeds make her a herding/hunting type.

you don't want to waste time on dumpsters with marginal food quality or content. that's where the training comes in