So I got a puppy (obligatory pics)

You have faced some criticism about your methods, why do you think that is?

If you’re successful in any field, you’re going to have critics. I just ignore them. I think the reason I’ve been successful, is people have used my methods and they’ve worked and they’ve told other people. I don’t think people would keep buying my books and watching my show if there wasn’t something to it. I know some people have spread rumors that I physically abuse dogs, which I think is disgusting. I do believe that sometimes you have to physically correct a dog, but that’s because dogs respond with all their senses, including touch. But that’s much different than causing a dog pain or abusing a dog. Anyone who knows me knows that’s something I’m not capable of. That’s the price of being famous. People are going to say mean things about you. You have to have a thick skin. But I’m so grateful for the opportunities I’ve been given, I can live with a few critics.
http://www.cesarsway.com/newsandeve...alks-Candidly-About-His-Critics-BSL-and-Daddy

PyWUJ.jpg

Last edited:
http://beyondcesarmillan.weebly.com/

:waw:

If You’re Aggressive, Your Dog Will Be, Too
Says Veterinary Study at the University of Pennsylvania

Dr Patricia Khuly

Why veterinary behaviorists can't stand Cesar Millan

'Dog Whisperer' Training Approach More Harmful Than Helpful

Denver (September 6, 2006)

The training tactics featured on Cesar Millan's “Dog Whisperer” program are inhumane, outdated and improper, according to a letter sent yesterday to the National Geographic Channel by American Humane, the oldest national organization protecting children and animals.

“Pack Leader” Myths

Daniel Estep, Ph.D. and Suzanne Hetts, Ph.D.
www.AnimalBehaviorAssociates.com

iblolisawitontv

Last edited:
How about when you actually read what they say, they say you shouldn't assert dominance over the dog.

The alternative they post to handle training dogs takes weeks. His method can take 5 minutes.

The kicking he does isn't assertiveness, it's a distraction. Which is why he kicks behind himself and with the heel, not a full blown kick to injure. It's the same kick kids do all the time to pretend it was someone else that kicked the person next to them.

There are two main ways to train an animal; positive reinforcement or using dog psychology like Cesar. Like Coqui said, one takes longer to train-- guess which one and the other is more effective quicker. Plus it gives "rules, boundaries, and limitations" which all dogs require or they become unstable.

I'm sure you're new to this whole dog ownership thing, but we'll help you. You just won't listen like you always don't.

When I used to take care is the borders it was amazing how much we could accomplish in a week of having a dog. We weren't trainers but people would bring dogs of all varieties in, some were great, some liked to bite, some just weren't leash trained, but the biggest pain were the jumpers. Three days of tagging thier back feet or holding out your hand so they jump into it and they wouldn't jump anymore. its nothing that hurt the dogs, but damn it was effective.

Leash training just required dragging a dog around on a choker leash (only thing we used with all dogs actually), some picked it up fast, some were mildly retarded.

The biters were normally good dogs, just not socialized and extremely anxious in a new environment, typically you'd just nudge them in the side towards the back to throw them off balance whenever they got aggressive, along with spending some time with them to get them to relax and they would be fine by the time they went home. Dunno what a humane society would say but the shit worked.

Cats were either nice or complete pricks, nothing to do to train them.

Last edited:
There are two main ways to train an animal; positive reinforcement or using dog psychology like Cesar. Like Coqui said, one takes longer to train-- guess which one and the other is more effective quicker. Plus it gives "rules, boundaries, and limitations" which all dogs require or they become unstable.

I'm sure you're new to this whole dog ownership thing, but we'll help you. You just won't listen like you always don't.
You don't even own a dog. This is like backseat driving.

When I used to take care is the borders it was amazing how much we could accomplish in a week of having a dog. We weren't trainers but people would bring dogs of all varieties in, some were great, some liked to bite, some just weren't leash trained, but the biggest pain were the jumpers. Three days of tagging thier back feet or holding out your hand so they jump into it and they wouldn't jump anymore. its nothing that hurt the dogs, but damn it was effective.

Leash training just required dragging a dog around on a choker leash (only thing we used with all dogs actually), some picked it up fast, some were mildly retarded.

The biters were normally good dogs, just not socialized and extremely anxious in a new environment, typically you'd just nudge them in the side towards the back to throw them off balance whenever they got aggressive, along with spending some time with them to get them to relax and they would be fine by the time they went home. Dunno what a humane society would say but the shit worked.

Cats were either nice or complete pricks, nothing to do to train them.
Meh, all dogs are different. There's no right way, wrong way, which is what April and so on are obsessed with. You just do what works for that dog.