Ontopic So I designed a boat thing that no one can see

The boat is a 12' Aluminum one I got as a gift, the box it is in is a rough approximation of my truck's bed, I designed the hitch mount and T-bar
How big is your bed? I've seen a bunch of people in Oregon who transported 12' boats like yours in the bed of their truck with tie downs, towels and red flags.

Full size truck from the 90s. I could do that, I did that in order to get it home and to a friend's place to strip all the paint off. However it's not ideal as it doesn't let me secure the boat or motor in the event that I have to leave the truck for any amount of time. I also don't want to have the tailgate down as the primary transportation of the boat would be fishing trips, and I want to not worry about shit falling out the back. If the tailgate is up, I'd rather not have it scraping against the top of the tailgate, and I still don't have any way to secure the outboard to prevent it rolling around.

Wanna try?
I don't think I have the full Adobe package, but maybe since I use Solidworks so much I've turned it on at some point.

Anyone have Google SketchUp? I can see if Solidworks will save in a file that works in.

I have both and haven't tried SketchUp, but I got it to load in Adobe Acrobat Pro just now.

You should do something more like this

img_car_nologo.png

I live near a lake; when the marina places take them out to paint they put them on these large Styrofoam blocks.

Can't imagine they cost much.

I live near a lake; when the marina places take them out to paint they put them on these large Styrofoam blocks.

Can't imagine they cost much.
FIHXU6e.jpg

I don't understand how that would help?
Do a quick search, there's someone who made a sturdy one out of 2x4s.
I wonder how they attached it to the bed, and how I could.
I would be concerned about the part resting on the roof. That's a fairly flimsy area of the cab

I don't understand how that would help?
Yeah I posted that when it was mad late and I was like "lol cant have boat on trailer put boat on styrofoam"

I wonder how they attached it to the bed, and how I could.
I would be concerned about the part resting on the roof. That's a fairly flimsy area of the cab
I've seen ladder racks made with 2x4s, they dont inspire confidence but they are probably plenty strong. They are usually just made to the exact inner dimensions of the bed. Nothing ever touches the cab.

Don't make it with drywall screws and PT lumber is SHIIITTTT.