Food So I Decided to Kill an Orgasmic Garden

so how are these things working out? if i just build a box, put that guys mix in it, and plant some strawberries or something, will they grow if i only water them once a week? (I kind of want to start a garden type thing at the lakehouse... even though the wild animals will probably eat it all).

i could also make a rain catcher and come up with some type of device to automatically water the shit every day I guess. bottom line, I'm looking for minimal effort and even less maintenance. otherwise, i'll just continue stopping by the random fruit stands and farmers markets on the way down to the place.

Grow a fruit tree... you'll have to buy it pretty big for it to bear fruit soon.

You don't get much more low maintenance than that. In the SFG book they talk about wiring you can put over the garden to keep other animals out.

Me too! Those plastic baggies are magic! My seeds have roots after two days and the arugala has leaves! I posted iPhone pics to the bloggityblog.

so how are these things working out? if i just build a box, put that guys mix in it, and plant some strawberries or something, will they grow if i only water them once a week? (I kind of want to start a garden type thing at the lakehouse... even though the wild animals will probably eat it all).

i could also make a rain catcher and come up with some type of device to automatically water the shit every day I guess. bottom line, I'm looking for minimal effort and even less maintenance. otherwise, i'll just continue stopping by the random fruit stands and farmers markets on the way down to the place.
stick with a fruit stand, lazy. :p

*SHUDDER*

attachment.php