so how's your debt?

gottoys? said:
The houses in Texas are mansions (compared to Fla ) and cost half as much.
and the houses are new and beautiful (with some land).

BUT - the prop taxes are real bad. 2.3 on a 100. If I bought here I would pay 10K a year in taxes - well that's just about what I pay in rent a year (12K) so I rented instead.
Yeouch, I thought my $7k a year taxes in NH were bad :p of course, I wasn't in a 'donor' town so that helped.....

Drool-Boy said:
hory sh*t

you can get a totally badass house here for 180-225k on a city lot easy.
Gosh yes, Texas is cheap living. You can look like a millionaire for little money.

Knyte is a little off. We will have car #1 paid off by March, hopefully all the credit card debt paid off by next August, than we will only have the new car, mortgage, and Haylee's medical bills left. After those things happen our goal is to only ever have one car payment, which we are on our way too shortly (as soon as car #1 is paid off).

Yesterday I had the suden and terrifying epiphany:

I'm 17 years old and $5000 in debt. By the time I'm 18, it'll be twice that.

Holy shit, are student loans scary.

Seriously, as a kid I've always dreaded the idea that some day I was going to be in debt...now I realize I AM.

yoda634 said:
Yesterday I had the suden and terrifying epiphany:

I'm 17 years old and $5000 in debt. By the time I'm 18, it'll be twice that.

Holy shit, are student loans scary.

Seriously, as a kid I've always dreaded the idea that some day I was going to be in debt...now I realize I AM.

And it only gets worse from there, boy

I'm better off than I used to be.

7 years ago I was around $150k in debt, these days it's around $8k. I have a great plan to get it all paid off, but my problem is I love shopping too much. :fly: I'm currently putting about $2k a month on credit cards, but end up charging them up again :o