So, how often

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
Do you guys ever take a day just for yourself? I've somehow found myself in a whirlwind of social activity lately and I haven't had an evening for myself in over 2 or 3 weeks. So, today I'm thinking about just chilling at a cafe I've never been to before by myself for dinner and calling it an early night. Does anyone else here ever feel like getting away from everyone? How do you married people deal with this?

it's crucial to have time to yourself. and married, i simply ask for it. i tell spange that i need a little time, and he and the kidlet disappear for a bit. he's awesome. :heart:
but that's how i feel sometimes. i'm home with a child all day, then add a husband at night...24/7. 99% of the time, it's great, but i have those moments where i just need to recharge. i just ask.

I work, go home, work out, go to bed, rinse and repeat. So i guess the answer to your question is "all the friggin' time". But when I was dating and partying and clubbing every night I would get to the point where I didn't want to see or hear anyone ever again. I'd crash in isolation for like 2 or 3 days at a time. I think it's just how we as animals deal with sensory overload. My favorite thing to do is sit in my rocking chair, put on some headphones, and meditate while listening to music. Nothing compliments the "go away" mood better than that for me. If it's raining outside, all the better. Then I look out the window and watch the rain fall while chilling with my phat tunage.

Or whatever.

I try to keep a day a week free, doesn't always work but i can usually squeeze a few hours in here and there.

Coffee and work on my book, or ... just driving..

Maybe a nap.

I'm a very social being and don't like to be alone very much. But when I do, I just take off. I might go to garage sales or shopping.

Drool and I have what I call decompression time. When we get home, he goes to the computer room and I hit the treadmill. After an hour, each of us is ready to deal with whatever.

Aside from work, I usually have more time alone than I do with company. I don't do anything on work nights because I have to have downtime after working all day. So I rarely have a social calendar overload. When it's just the hubby and I I'll tell him I'm doing something solo and he'll just go do his own thing. When we clean house on the weekends we'll usually put our headphones on and then it's just me and my music. :D

BadMojo said:
I'm a very social being and don't like to be alone very much. But when I do, I just take off. I might go to garage sales or shopping.

this is me, too. i LOVE being around people. it works for me almost always. i love to fill weekends with friends.
but there are times where i just need a break. sometimes 30 minutes is enough, sometimes i need a couple of hours.

monday through thursday from 6 in the morning until 9 at night I'm either lifting and running, at work, at school, training for a fight, or doing homework

Friday nights I spend at the shooting range, Saturday mornings and afternoon I'm training again, spend an hour or two with the girl, then I waste the rest of the day playing battlefield. sundays are supposed to be the day that I do homework and clean up, work on the truck, etc....but I don't :(

I take too much time for myself (usually in the form of TV or BF2) but sometimes it would be nice to disappear for a day or two. :tard: