so how many of you

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
have ever gone to a movie alone? i'm thinking of going tomorrow, but to what, i've no idea. the idea seems kind of strange to me, but it might be neat. it got me wondering if this is a common thing to do.

theacoustician said:
me

its fine since you don't really hang out with the person while you're watching the movie anways

yeah, but you have no one to share it with afterwards. or nudge in the middle of. or hold you down when liam's on the screen.

sizzlinggrace said:
i've gone a couple times. :) it's peaceful.

although i feel like dork.

Last time I went to a movie by myself, was when I went to see the Star Wars II by myself while my wife was out of town visiting her parents. She was seeing it with her Mom and brother and I didn't want to be left out (and I wanted to be able to discuss it with her afterwards.)

But yeah, I felt like a huge dork. I made sure to wear my wedding ring and held it up by my face alot. :)

I haven't been to a movie since Titanic. I can't say that I have ever considered going to a movie by myself, but since I have so much time on my hands in the early evenings, I may try it.

Fuck feeling like a dork, no one is paying attention anyway.

Pandora said:
She doesn't like going out in public with them. Last time I went out with her I kept telling everyone to feel her ass. I think it embaressed her cuz she said she'd never take me out again. :(

no, i liked you showing off my ass. it says you're proud of me. theac has threatened me because he knows we have a special relationship. he's jealous.

I've done it a couple of times, when I had other things going on and I was waiting for something. Good way to kill ~2 hours.

And I also did it once, come to think of it, over my lunch break when I was an engineer. Boring day at work so I left early and caught a flick. Great way to break up the day.

The last flick I saw alone was Hannibal. I went at 1:30 on a weekday afternoon and was in the God of all theaters (three seperate levels of stadium seating). There was only one other person in the entire theater. That creeped me out a bit. :omy:

e-dubb said:
The last flick I saw alone was Hannibal. I went at 1:30 on a weekday afternoon and was in the God of all theaters (three seperate levels of stadium seating). There was only one other person in the entire theater. That creeped me out a bit. :omy:

Were they shadowy, with a hat on, sitting just behind you to the left?

I do it sometimes especially when my wife is taking my son to see a crappy kids movie. She saw the perfect man last week and I saw Batman. It doesn't bother me.