so how do you formulate your opinions?

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
i'm sure most read a newspaper and/or watch the news. they're a simple way of gathering information. but...what other way do you gather information in order to get a solid opinion? certain magazines? talk radio? friends? classrooms? what's your favorite AND MOST RELIABLE method?

I read a lot of science mags and industry publications. I work at a massive news organization, so its hard to not know about world events. Attend training seminars and conventions. Talk to peers and friends.

The most reliable way to formulate a good opinion on something is to experience it for yourself.

People have a tendency to get caught up in their own little world and forget that there is a lot more going on around them that is more important. And I'm not talking about which designer Christina Agalaria is wearing for her wedding. Because our country is so dependant on the global economy it is important to be aware of what is going on everywhere. In fact, there was a story on Good Morning America about this this morning. They talked about how the success of a cabbage farmer in China carries over into our economy. The farmer feeds the factory workers that makes those cheep Nikes your wearing, as well as everything else we buy. And because we are getting those things so cheap we can invest the rest of our money elsewhere.

To hear about what's going on I watch the news, listen to Neal Boortz, and read CNN. I form my opinions by thinking about whatever the issue is, and then bouncing my thoughts off others to get their perspective. By hearing other perspectives it helps to broaden my own which is extremely important because our world is a lot bigger than it use to be.

I write a bunch of options on a big piece of paper and hang it on my bedroom wall, then close my eyes and blindly fire several shots from my .45 and see what is hit. My neighbors are always complaining about "noice ordinance" and "no firearms in city limits", pussies.

KNYTE said:
I write a bunch of options on a big piece of paper and hang it on my bedroom wall, then close my eyes and blindly fire several shots from my .45 and see what is hit. My neighbors are always complaining about "noice ordinance" and "no firearms in city limits", pussies.

Ya whats that all about?
I was out in the front yard the other day using my shotgun to kill weeds and some fukr called the cops on me:mad: